Debate On Religions

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Criticize someone on his/her religion or faith and you would surely get a fiery reaction. I am sure you have already witnessed different denominations and faiths who were debating as to the merits and demerits of their dogmas. Though I find religious debates to be educational and viewed them as healthy exercise of the right to religious expression, it is just sometimes confusing when both sides are presenting contradicting facts.

Choosing one's faith is something so personal so much so that we hate others telling us that we made a big mistake in being a part of the religious group we are in. And this is also the reason why all religions could always come up with rationalization of their dogmas. In other words, the area of religion is more of subjective and not objective in nature.

vest007

I don't think there is one single religion which is 100% perfect. I wouldn't even rate my own religion (Eastern Orthodoxy) as 100% perfect. I think there are good factors in every religion, and we need to concentrate more on them rather than digging up the other part.

speedy

Advisor Member
Criticize someone on his/her religion or faith and you would surely get a fiery reaction. I am sure you have already witnessed different denominations and faiths who were debating as to the merits and demerits of their dogmas. Though I find religious debates to be educational and viewed them as healthy exercise of the right to religious expression, it is just sometimes confusing when both sides are presenting contradicting facts.

Choosing one's faith is something so personal so much so that we hate others telling us that we made a big mistake in being a part of the religious group we are in. And this is also the reason why all religions could always come up with rationalization of their dogmas. In other words, the area of religion is more of subjective and not objective in nature.
Yes, in the place where I lived before you can see people and church leaders debating in the park every afternoon. It is true that we can learn from other belief, teaching or doctrine but I will not conform to that action who will debates all the time. Everybody needs to be guided with the Holy Spirit so we can personally understand the Word of God and God's message to us. Debating, will only cause discrimination or broken relationship from each religion because we like it or not some of the words in the debates are out of content and can hurt others.

zararina

Coaching Member
I believe that people should not be totally judged because of religion but because of his deeds. Better to do good things and not hurt others just to prove that their religion is better compared to others.

Cecil Estrera

Oh, I myself have experienced so much of that debates back when I was in grade school.
Just because I was the only who has a different religion, I tend to be discriminated and laughed at.
And I can't seem to understand the reason behind it. Maybe there are just some people who can't accept the fact that every one has his own belief and respect his being different.

rose banks

That's why I don't want to debate with anybody about their religions and I feel if I'm invited to convert, they just wanted to say that my religion is not good or not fit for me. I hate hearing others say bad about my religion but I just don't mind them.

pafjlh

Yes, this is why I tend to follow that rule. There are two things you shouldn't discuss with people, Politics and Religion. That's because these are two subjects where people have firm beliefs in what they have chosen to believe in.

That's not to say that I haven't shared information about religion with friends. I have had friends who were of different denominations and they have shared information with me about their religion, but I didn't criticize anything they told me. In most cases I found the information interesting.

alexbinaaci

I don't think there is one single religion which is 100% perfect. I wouldn't even rate my own religion (Eastern Orthodoxy) as 100% perfect. I think there are good factors in every religion, and we need to concentrate more on them rather than digging up the other part.

I think every religion is correct but people interpret it wrong.