Dealing with anxiety...

AmazingP

Advisor Member
What is anxiety? Anxiety is a condition of unease like a continuing worry or fear for something real or imagined. As an example, a person may feel anxious on a recently taken board exam or a coming medical examination result.

Please share here your effective techniques in dealing with anxiety...

radascars

Advisor Member
There are different types of anxiety, the mild anxiety which isgood to us, the moderate anxiety where things aren't becoming friendly to us the tension is building, pressured, next is severe anxiety where one's thought can't be controlled and needs supervision, the last one is panic anxiety where a person's thought is totally incapable of knowing safety and needs supervision.

Everyday we experience this in our daily living and coping up with it is possible but hard to handle.

Most of the time when anxiety strikes me, I tendo to divert it by keeping myself busy or getting my self to sleep or having a conversation with a friend to release the tension and unimaginable fear.

speedy

Advisor Member
I read an article before that women are suffering anxiety more than men and some of them are even unreasonable. I admit that I am full of anxiousness in life especially if I am not hear anything from my family or worried on something for tomorrow. Every time I feel anxious I keep myself busy as well. I love to crochet so, it is another thing I am doing besides internet. I listen to some Christian songs on youtube as well and have some meditation. Sometimes, I read a short passage in the Bible and apply the message to my current situation. Also, I will go and visit my brother's house and play with my nephews and nieces.

radascars

Advisor Member
I read an article before that women are suffering anxiety more than men and some of them are even unreasonable. I admit that I am full of anxiousness in life especially if I am not hear anything from my family or worried on something for tomorrow. Every time I feel anxious I keep myself busy as well. I love to crochet so, it is another thing I am doing besides internet. I listen to some Christian songs on youtube as well and have some meditation. Sometimes, I read a short passage in the Bible and apply the message to my current situation. Also, I will go and visit my brother's house and play with my nephews and nieces.
That's quite nice diverting your attention to others to relieve anxiety. That is good. Keep it up and don't forget that God is good all the time.

beingwell

What is anxiety? Anxiety is a condition of unease like a continuing worry or fear for something real or imagined. As an example, a person may feel anxious on a recently taken board exam or a coming medical examination result.

Please share here your effective techniques in dealing with anxiety...
I used to eat a lot when I'm anxious. This was when I was still a junior accountant in the Philippines. Now that I've grown up, I've learned to deal with anxiety in a more passive, relaxed way. I stop everything I do. I try to clear my mind as if a computer rebooting itself. When I feel better and have collected myself, that's the only time I get on with my day.

bright_light

Clinical Anxiety in its severe stage is the most dangerous form of anxiety. Advanced depression co-exists with it. The feeling is almost unbearable, and this is what drives some to commit suicide.

If you ask anxiety sufferers how they feel, you'd probably get an answer that it's worse than physical pain. They would slo add that there are not enough words to describe the discomfort. Other sufferers say that they need a wider vocabulary to describe what and how they feel.

No words can describe their emotional distress, and worse - they are the least understood.

iebo

The two ways I deal with anxiety are by getting out of comfort zone bit by bit, so that I become less anxious about unfamiliar situations, and also by reminding myself that's there's little to fear but fear itself.

radascars

Advisor Member
The two ways I deal with anxiety are by getting out of comfort zone bit by bit, so that I become less anxious about unfamiliar situations, and also by reminding myself that's there's little to fear but fear itself.
That's an effective way to relieve anxiety but the most effective way so far that I experienced is expressing your feelings towards anxiety itself. You need to release it inside you so that it will not eat you up inside. Anxiety is always present in our daily living and we need to at least release it for us to be less anxious. :)

Cecil Estrera

I feel anxious with our BILLS!
You know we have this internet cafe which doesn't make good profit at all.
All that we are earning are bigger and bigger unpaid bills!
Although I want to pay all those expenses, unfortunately I can't afford to because it's worth thousands!:(

zararina

Coaching Member
I would think positive amidst the anxiety that i would feel within me. It could make the anxiousness lighter and will believe that things will be better. Praying gives me a huge relief cause it makes me feel that i am not alone at all.

radascars

Advisor Member
Although I want to pay all those expenses, unfortunately I can't afford to because it's worth thousands!:(
When things are a bit rush, and seeing also my unpaid bills monthly I feel so anxious on how would I pay them on time as I don't have enough salary to pay all of them.

Cecil Estrera

Yeah good thing fate is with me now, that the linemen didn't cut our line yet.
Hopefully I can settle the electric bill tomorrow.

radascars

Advisor Member
Medically speaking anxiety is an uncomfortable feeling of apprehension or dread that occurs in response to internal or external stimuli and can result in physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioral symptoms. All symptoms of anxiety can be found in healthy individuals given in a particular circumstances.

Anxiety is an unavoidable, human condition that takes have different levels and serves different purposes. One's response to anxiety can be positive and motivate one to act, or can produce paralyzing fear, causing inaction.

It is one of the most common mental problems of almost everyone in the world and without proper precaution or relaxation to relieve anxiety it would become severe and turn out to be a mental illness or disorder.

I don't know if this applies to all but whenever I felt that I am having a moderate anxiety I always tend to be positive all the time promoting positive self talk.

speedy

Advisor Member
I agreed sis. I've attended the seminar last time and the speaker shared his experiences about business and one of them was about having an internet cafe which he ended closing it because of less profit. I hope you will finally cope up with it sis and all the bills. God is our provider. :)