We all know communication as the act of transferring information from one person to another. If you think about it; it’s a very simple process right? Well it’s not. When you think of how you are supposed to communicate, this subject becomes more complex. The process of communication requires the sender to encode a message in a form that is suitable to the communication channel and the receiver is required to decode the message for him or her to understand the meaning and significance of what he or she has been communicated.

Unfortunately, many of us are unable to achieve that. And when that happens, it can be very hard to get important things in life done to perfection.
Think about it, the truth is that communication is very delicate and there are many misunderstandings when it comes to this process. For you to have effective communication, you need to overcome communication barriers in each stage of the communication process. You also need to minimize possible misunderstandings.

But how can you ensure that you get everything right? How can you make sure that you don’t end up missing crucial information when communicating with different people? Well, the answer lies in mastering everything about communication and internalizing it such that everything you do comes out naturally.

In this thread I would like to share my knowledge about communication and discuss every part of it.
Business, Relationship, Friends, Marriage etc.

Numerous studies have shown that 93% of communication is non-verbal. Perhaps acknowledging this fact will lead to better communication amongst us humans. That and we need to build more character amongst each other.

This is very interesting, so often we dont communicate properly and think that we do, or our parents dont us teach us the right way or how important it is but as you say without effective communication we dont have much.

I will be following this thread to see the developments, very exciting :)

Keys To Effective Communication
We all communicate every single day. Unfortunately, not everyone has mastered the art of effective communication. This is why we have a wide range of social problems in the world today including divorce, unnecessary confrontations, anger outbursts, stress, depression and a lot more all of which affect our quality of life negatively.

But what exactly makes us to miss out such that we end up having all these problems in life? Well, for starters, it is good to appreciate that communication is between different people so when there is a communication breakdown, it can be due to a problem from either side or even both sides. So where exactly do people go wrong when it comes to communication? Well, I believe that many of us are not educated enough about the subject of communication. That’s why I am going to dig deep and educate you about the power of words and the impact they can have on your life before I give you the keys to good communication.

Power Of Words
One of the powerful tools that human beings possess is their words. It is said that words are mightier than a sword and that’s true since words are capable of dictating your feelings, behaviors, beliefs and your actions. Words can ignite a revolution or neutralize tension. Unfortunately, words have been underestimated and people don’t realize that they have a bigger impact and are not just a mere tool for passing information. To help you understand this better, let us look closely at the power of words:

Words are mostly looked at emotionally

Do you know that 80% of our life is emotional and the remaining 20% is intellect? This means that it’s not about what you say; it’s about what people hear. A word can be neutral in emotion but another word that means the same thing can ignite range to those that hear it. Let me give an example; In the US, politicians and lawyers used the phrase estate tax and the public wouldn’t support the idea because of what they heard; they saw the word estate as wealthy. Afterwards, when the word was changed to death tax, it received the support of 75% of American people because they understood the word death and it made sense to them. That’s shows how powerful a word can be emotionally.

Words can change the mood of your message

I think that the number one rule to effective communication should be ‘choose your words wisely’. This is because a simple choice of your words can make a great difference and determine whether your message would be accepted or rejected. You can have a very nice thing to say but when you say it using the wrong words, it becomes sad. For example, when a woman tells her friends, “I am having a baby shower but don’t attend if you know you will bring a cheap present”, the celebratory mood of her statement is spoilt by her wrong choice of words.

Words can change your business

Sellers don’t believe in closing a sale; they believe in opening a long term relationship that will make their businesses successful. They know that is not what you say; it is how you say it. They use the power of words by creating a connection and relating emotionally with their customers through passing their message with emotion, personality, credibility, and conviction. You will be surprised to know that the interface of keyboard, mouse and graphic user was first discovered by Xerox researchers but they failed to convince the world that their invention mattered. Then Apple came and shared that discovery to the world. Steve jobs succeeded in convincing the world that the invention was worth having and this took Apple to the next level. The difference was all in the words!

Words can bring hope

In South Africa, Nelson Mandela was locked up for years in jail but his words brought hope to the people of South Africa and helped them fight for their country.

In short, words are everything in communication. They determine whether you pass the message adequately or not.

wow!! what a great read ! you are very knowledgeable on this subject and i must say i have learnt something here so thank you for that and thank you for tagging me. i 100% agree that how we use words affects the people we are communicating with. same goes for your tone when you say something, so often people misread texts or emails because there is no body language or tone attached to it. words are beautiful at the end of the day and learning how to effectively communicate using a vast variety of words will definitely get you further in life!

thank you :)

@Kezzielee Hi Kezzielee thanks for your honest feedback and your right as you start reading it gets its own life and the way you read it to your self will determine the way you feel and the way you feel will determine the way you response.

IMO, words are important in communication, however there are other factors to consider when communicating.
I know the power that words can have on society. There's no doubt that your points and argument are valid.
I guess I am just one of the few that rarely accept things at face value. I know sometimes people mince their words. or they become angry and/or flustered and use words as weapons, or they simply may not know better. What I'm trying to say is that words may not be the best way to communicate.
While I agree when you say words are very important in communication, I believe that compassion and empathy are of equal, if not more, importance than words.