Choosing a House of Worship

JustUsJones

For those of you who were either not raised in a specific religion or at some point chose to explore other religions, how did you choose a church or religious ideals that were in tune with your beliefs?
Many people continue on in the religion they were raised in, but for those who have no strong spiritual foundation, what are soem resources for determining the best fit for their faith? I have explored several avenues and still can't seem to find a great fit. Just curious how everyone else manages. Thanks!

Susan

Empangop

It's really depending on which one you are comfortable with. If your are choosing to follow Christianity, it doesn't matter which denomination you would follow. All christian churches/denominations are based on Jesus. It's a matter of interpretation that make a difference. I don't see the reason why the denominations are splitting and focusing too much on the church itself. The most important ingredient is Jesus...so every christian must love each other.... I mean they should love thy neighbors as Jesus had asked his followers to do. Anyone who does not love thy neighbors is not a true follower of Jesus. But, if you choose other religion, it is a matter of convenience and own choice. I think, before you make a choice, it is better to read more about the religions. Study them carefully and giving more points to the one you like most. The one that scores the highest point is the one you should follow.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I suggest you search for the truth. While it is true that almost all Christian denominations and groups are teaching about Jesus Christ and the Bible, you must be aware that there is a general confusion on so many things -- even basic doctrines -- and all of them are claiming to be following the Bible.

When denominations are contradicting each other and preaching different doctrines even away from the Bible, you should take notice of those. Go for a group which is really trying to base their faith according to biblical precepts although I have to be honest that this is a real challenge.

Anyway, good luck!

zararina

Coaching Member
I think it should be where you feel it makes you a better person. If you could feel you are being directed in a correct path or correct doings in this life, it suite you. It is where you could be at peace and happy.

rose banks

Some people depends on the majority. either inside the house, the community and friends.

pafjlh

I wish I could answer your question on where I worship. But to be honest I have turn my back on my church years ago. I now consider myself more of a spiritual person then a religious one. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, I believe that if God wants me in a house of worship he will find me the right place, where I will feel that its right for me. So, just keep looking yourself, till you find the place that fits you.

Dorothy

For those of you who were either not raised in a specific religion or at some point chose to explore other religions, how did you choose a church or religious ideals that were in tune with your beliefs?
Many people continue on in the religion they were raised in, but for those who have no strong spiritual foundation, what are soem resources for determining the best fit for their faith? I have explored several avenues and still can't seem to find a great fit. Just curious how everyone else manages. Thanks!

Susan
I used to go to a Baptist church when I was younger, and then when I was older I went to a Catholic church and a Full Gospel church, but now I don't go to any church so I wouldn't be ablt to really help you out on that other then to say, if you are set that you want to be a part of a church, then just keep going to you find one that you feel is right for you, where you feel it makes you happy to go and where you want to be. I have was at that point you are at now sometime ago, but I decided I didn't need to go to church or be part of a church to have God in my life. God is everywhere, and I choose to build my relationship with God and be closer to God and I didn't feel I was doing any of that in the churches I was going to, I just didn't feel Gods presence in them. People there were more into the religion then they were God. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for whether it is in or out of a church.