Can you really learn to live with disappointment?

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
There are so many situations that don't work out in life. And, that's just the way it is. Sometimes, we can change these situations. Other times, they are fixed and unchangable and there's nothing that can be done. All this disappointment can lead to low self esteem and feelings of worthlessness, especially if disappointment becomes a way of life. But disappointments are inevitable, we all have them.

Please share your best tips for dealing with disappointment.

speedy

Advisor Member
All of us are subject to disappointment only crazy people didn't feel such way. I dealt with it in believing that "tomorrow is always a new day". It means it is another day to try something that we left behind yesterday.We always have a choice to do and decide for our betterment. Our lives is a continuous process and it we will not appreciate its goodness if it will not spiced up with disappointment, sadness and any such related things. Life is a battle and a race, if we failed at first we still have the chance to stand up and fight again. God bless..

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
Very good advice! And, I've always believed that too that it's possible to take the path forsaken before. It's easy to get into the negative habit of thinking that once you make a decision, then you can never go back. But, that's just not true. You can shape and reform your life as you go along to suit yourself. If we were all destined to travel down the doomed path, imagine a sad world it would be. We learn. We grow.

iebo

In football they say you have to have a short memory, for example when a quarterback throws an interception, he has to put it aside so he isn't afraid to pass in his next series. Life is kind of like that. When we experience a disappointment, we can't let it stop us from experiencing what life has to offer. If we do, we may find that we miss out on a lot of what life has to offer. Also, we should celebrate our small successes, as those will lead us to pursue and achieve more successes.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
A very poignant and relevant statement about celebrating the small successes. Cause life is filled with so many wonderful surprising small successes, many more so than the big wins. I have one little win daily and celebrating that would help me get over not having the big things I have missed out on. Thanks so much for the salient advice.

Cecil Estrera

Maybe I would say that I've been disappointed with myself back when I was 16.
My mother and I were not in good terms then. What I did was do whatever thing she doesn't want me to do like skipping classes, hanging out with friends until morning, and drink liquors whenever someone invited me too.
I was not getting good grades then because of all the silly things that I did. That's when I felt disappointed with myself. I felt like I'm worthless and nobody's loving me. Up to my graduation day in high school, my mother didn't show up. I was the only one walking without a parent to guide through the pathway of the stage. And from the beginning of the ceremony up to the ending, believe me, I really cried continuously.

After a few months, my mother decided to let me reside with my father in a far province from here since they were separated already. Upon living there where it was boring and I became lonely, I begun to miss my mom.
My brothers do visit me there sometimes, but when they leave I can't help myself but cry.
That's when my mother started to get me back to her side. And then I decided to go to college.
Luckily, I did get excellent grades. What's better is that my mom and I became closer. ;)

francrislee

There are so many situations that don't work out in life. And, that's just the way it is. Sometimes, we can change these situations. Other times, they are fixed and unchangable and there's nothing that can be done. All this disappointment can lead to low self esteem and feelings of worthlessness, especially if disappointment becomes a way of life. But disappointments are inevitable, we all have them.

Please share your best tips for dealing with disappointment.
We must always remember that despite all these disappointments that we feel, God has planned for it.
God knows that you'd be able to overcome it, though things seems to be in contrary to what you've planned it to be, it's all just part of His challenges and He wants you to surpass it.

Just trust in Him, have faith and never lose hope, those disappointments will go away as long as you remain strong and in touch with Him. :) Have a nice day.:)

Matt

Disappointment is part of life. Everything is not always going to go you way. You just have to except the fact that it will not be how you want it to be and move on. There are many challenges like this in life.

francrislee

Disappointment is part of life. Everything is not always going to go you way. You just have to except the fact that it will not be how you want it to be and move on. There are many challenges like this in life.
Acceptance is the best attitude one could ever have when dealing with disappointment. Together with acceptance, there should also be patience and hope to easily cope up with disappointments in life. Though these may seem to be endless and hopeless, let us not forget that God has plans for us and God is always with us to help us with the challenges we have. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
Life goes on so no matter how many disappointments might come in our life, they will surely become our past. So it means there is always tomorrow, another day and another chance in life. That is how will i think about disappointments to get my courage back and my hope recharged. Disappointments could also be treated as challenges in life to make us stronger.

XoxChrissyxoX

I agree with all of the above statements. I've dealt with disappointment badly in the past. I remember how horrible I felt after my first interview. I let myself feel worthless and I was extremely disappointed with myself because my nervousness messed up my interview for a job I really had. As time went on I felt even worse. I dreaded going on another interview for the fear that the first would repeat itself.

I think hanging on to disappointment just leads to more disappointment. I have a huge gap on my resume because of the fear of going on interviews and going out to meet and interact with new people. This of course does not help my situation because it makes it more difficult to get a job. Employers will wonder what you were doing in that time when you weren't working.

You have to accept the disappointment, allow yourself to learn from the experience, and move on. Holding on to it will only hold you back in the end.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Disappointments and regrets are all part of living in this world. I think that since nobody is living a perfect life, we are all subject to things which are not according to our plan. though it can definitely produce pain, we have to learn to accept reality. Accepting our limitations and learning from the lessons of our mistakes are the way to go.

songbird

Disappointments will always be a part of life. How we deal with them will make all the difference. I believe that every experience good or bad will help me grow and become a better person. If I look at it with that perspective then there are no bad experiences, only learning experiences. Sometimes we need a higher power to help us see things in a different light. Whenever I struggle with disappointments, I pray and ask God for comfort and to also help me know what I need to learn.