Can Hard Work Beat Intelligence?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ben Yearwood

Is it too much to ask for both? Haha

In my opinion, hard work will beat intelligence every time. Charles Darwin had a cousin - Francis Galton - who was a bonafide supergenius, way smarter than Darwin. Galton never focussed on one thing and dabbled a little in everything. On the other hand, Charles Darwin focussed on his singular idea and he remains a household name to this day and will remain so. How many people know about Francis Galton?

That's not to say that intelligence doesn't have it's uses. If you are smart and work hard then I imagine that would nX your eventual successful output. What do you think?

It's hard work always. The thing about intelligence is that anyone can acquire it, anything learned can be taught, that's why we have schools after all. We as humans have the ability to constantly learn from one another and expand our knowledge. What most people don't understand is that knowledge alone is not power, but the application of knowledge is. knowledge won't make a person successful, but it can if they apply it and work hard. Action over planning everyday. Take more action and plan less. To change our lives we must first change our minds, and then we must change our action, and that action will allow us to change our life! Where there is no action, there is no change or progression! Don’t let your life be a life of planning, but a life of ACTION! Knowledge alone will not get you results, but the application of knowledge and hard work will.

ChaseE

Both is always better... but if you look at the top 1% the majority have an average IQ but worked more then most. However it does come down to how you measure success. Some people are very happy knowing much but not acting on it.

Ben Yearwood

It's hard work always. The thing about intelligence is that anyone can acquire it, anything learned can be taught, that's why we have schools after all.
I agree in principle, but I would warn against focusing mainly on action and little on planning. Action is the best and hard work is essential, for sure, but you need to be sure that you're going in the right direction.

I can take action to get from Birmingham to London, but if I'm facing the wrong direction I'll have to go a long way before I reach the goal. However, planning and thinking ahead might tell me to look on Google Maps first and I can cut my trip down massively.

Hard work is No.1, but it's no.1 in a hierarchy of essentials.