Building stronger relationships

DJ Barrett

I've set a goal for myself in 2015 to build stronger relationships.

My classmates, my friends, my family, everybody!

Because I know that relationships and business go hand in hand. And if I want a very successful business, I have to develop strong relationships with people.

Any advice on how I can do that?

Thanks,

s ingoglia

Looking. for the good in people and circumstances , applying appreciation and loving unconditionally has worked miraculously in my relationships (regardless what kind of relationships) and in my business also leading me to find more hidden talents.

DJ Barrett

Looking. for the good in people and circumstances , applying appreciation and loving unconditionally has worked miraculously in my relationships (regardless what kind of relationships) and in my business also leading me to find more hidden talents.
Yea I'm an optimist, so I always look for the good in everything. I will start to train myself to love unconditionally though, thanks.

Aree Wongwanlee

Advisor Member
I think you should detach developing a relationship from doing a business. True, stronger relationships can help you do business better but if you develop a relationship solely for business purposes, then, sooner or later, the people whom you relate to will find out and feel that your interest in them is not out of the sincerity of your heart but rather because of what you can get out of them in terms of business. When they find out, as they surely will, your relationship with them will suffer.

DJ Barrett

I think you should detach developing a relationship from doing a business. True, stronger relationships can help you do business better but if you develop a relationship solely for business purposes, then, sooner or later, the people whom you relate to will find out and feel that your interest in them is not out of the sincerity of your heart but rather because of what you can get out of them in terms of business. When they find out, as they surely will, your relationship with them will suffer.
Yes definitely. I focus on building true relationships from my point of view and not try to push my business into the front of everything

Aree Wongwanlee

Advisor Member
Yes definitely. I focus on building true relationships from my point of view and not try to push my business into the front of everything
Good, now you are on the right track.

I remember the time when I operated a computer repair business. I found out, to my dismay, that there were actually other computer repair shops who took advantage of their customers. They would tell their customers all kinds of cock-and-bull stories to justify their over-inflated charges. They thought that their customers were stupid. On the other hand, I believed that anyone who used a computer must, at the very least, think that he was smart enough to handle a computer. Anyone who truly thinks that he is a total idiot, where computers are concerned, will not even think of using a computer, let alone actually use one. So that was the way I built good and strong relationships with my customers. I cared for them. I was sincere about it. They knew it and they appreciated it.

Hope that is useful to help you build stronger relationships with your customers.

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
Relationships are the corner stone to anything we want to do or accomplish. Building any kind of strong relationship is simply about adding value. And when we add value we gain influence with that person.

A strong relationship builder is someone who builds up the other person. One of the ways this is done through ‘sincere compliments’ and not through simple flattery. Generally people can sense that flattery is false and that there are ulterior motives behind it.

This is my favorite quote, “When you see a turtle on top of a fence post, you know he has got help getting there.” I don’t use that quote to suggest that you manipulate people, what I mean is that you use each other's strengths to advance.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Great goal, every successful person I know focuses solely on mutually beneficial relationships. When you create a life around your desires why not be very very selective and mindful with relationships. However….

Once you have built a strong relationship with self, you will have the capacity to overflow with love for others. You can't chose to love unconditionally that will only manifest daily test on the depth of your love.

Build a perfect relationship with self and create definiteness of purpose and the relationships around you will transform into continuously ideal circumstances and people.

A

Aaron

Building stronger relationship is a very good act and this has been good in relations and understanding is one of the best thing to create in relations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reda

In any kind of relationship, conflicts usually arise when you try to change the other. It is usually said that when you accept someone how they are, it is when this person is most likely going to change, basically when their attitude, behaviour and character stop bothering you. Judging and trying to influence others does not work. Accepting how they are? Yes. When there is no more internal conflict is when the other person or situation changes.

alexvic

People here gave you good advice. I, for my part, would like to say that you should build strong relationships with those who deserve it, with those who appreciate you and accept you as you are. If somebody doesn't accept you, doesn't value you, then he/she is probably not worth your effort spent on building strong relationship with him/her.

Be curious with people you meet, and ask a lot of open-ended questions. Understand that other people's words mean nothing about you, that when people speak they are showing you what is no their mind. When you understand this and are genuinely curious, people will feel safe around you and open up to you.