Boosting self-confidence

It's true! Once you overcome any situation in your life especially your being unbelieving to yourself, you will get the sense of being so strong deep within you. And I know once you are already strong with that, the same situation that come into your life, will no longer affect you.

It's true! Once you overcome any situation in your life especially your being unbelieving to yourself, you will get the sense of being so strong deep within you. And I know once you are already strong with that, the same situation that come into your life, will no longer affect you.

Hi there,

I am happy to hear your story. It must have taken quite sometimes for you to be confident like now. I think confident or not is just how you see yourself among people or your own self. As people around you playing or doing something, you are very confident doing your own business studying. When you have enough knowledge and skill, you set it to a higher level - reaching out to everyone. I think you're a warm-hearted and deep person since you invested into yourself before you set out interacting with other people, simpy because you don't want to have an empty or trash talk.

Lana James

The most important factor in boosting self esteem is to focus on your strengths and don't give much attention to your bashers.

mark brewer

Advisor Member
Growing up, I must admit I had low self-esteem. Maybe it was my peers who made me feel that I don't belong and I was a loser or something. What I did was just focus on my studies which made me look a loser even more.

When I reached high school, I began to socialize and get a group of friends. Somehow, they have increased by confidence by telling me praises and the good qualities that I possess.

At present, I cannot say that I have 100% confidence but I think I am confident enough to face the world.

Now I just want to ask you guys if you have confidence-boosting tips so that anyone here who lacks confidence would learn how to change for the better.

Well, what can you advice?
Hi, some of the best ways i have found to boost self esteem and/or self confidence is to regularly try new things that are normally outside of your comfort zone. For example you could learn a new language or take up a new sport.

Doing something like this will prove to yourself that you are capable of taking on new challenges and will begin to raise your self esteem.

If you are not comfortable taking these steps, simply reading books that would not be your usual choice or watching movies and listening to music that are again outside of your regular taste, will slowly train your mind to accepting new experiences and can have a big effect on your overall confidence over time.

J

James Brown

It is important to take pride alike in the basic good quality you have. The feeling of pride and success leads to boost in self confidence.

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
It’s true that environment plays a big role in self-confidence. If you surround yourself with the right people they will add to your life instead of taking from it.

Fortunately there are lots of things we can do to improve our own self-confidence. Here are a few things I do:

· Affirmations- every day (morning and night) I write out affirmations to myself. These are positive statements that tell us something about ourselves that we want to be true. For example “I have the confidence of a supermodel.”

· Body language- We can trick our bodies into thinking we are confident by standing up straight, lifting our chins, smiling, walking with a bounce in our step, etc.

· Appearance- When I dress smarter or do my hair, I feel like a new more confident me.

· Acknowledge achievements- People with low self-confidence ignore their achievements and focus on their failures or things they didn’t do.

· Accept compliments- When I receive a compliment I make sure I listen and accept what the person is saying.

Last edited:

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
It’s true that environment plays a big role in self-confidence. If you surround yourself with the right people they will add to your life instead of taking from it.

Fortunately there are lots of things we can do to improve our own self-confidence. Here are a few things I do:

· Affirmations- every day (morning and night) I write out affirmations to myself. These are positive statements that tell us something about ourselves that we want to be true. For example “I have the confidence of a supermodel.”

· Body language- We can trick our bodies into thinking we are confident by standing up straight, lifting our chins, smiling, walking with a bounce in our step, etc.

· Appearance- When I dress smarter or do my hair or make up I feel like a new more confident me.

· Acknowledge achievements- People with low self-confidence ignore their achievements and focus on their failures or things they didn’t do.

· Accept compliments- When I receive a compliment I make sure I listen and accept what the person is saying.
Getting praise and projecting confidence with good posture will do wonders for your self esteem in addition to believing in yourself.

I'm bipolar so confidence in a two way street for me. Sometimes my confidence is sky high and other times it is lacking.

But if I had to share one tip that brings me greater confidence, even when my grain chemistry is a little AWOL, it would be to achieve new things. To step outside your comfort zone and test your limits. Think about a time when you achieved something, perhaps passing your driving test, or getting your college grades, your confidence went through the roof, even if it was only temporarily, right?

Here's the thing, you don't need to achieve great things to crank up your confidence. Small achievements will do. And if you keep achieving new things, they will build up your confidence and you will have greater faith that you can achieve whatever you put your mind to. So to sum up, step outside your comfort zone and try new things, you will be surprised what you can achieve when you put your mind to it.

Toby Jensen

Coaching Member
Are things going ok right now, Ricky? You seem to be posting a lot of stuff, especially on very old threads.

Also, I just finished helping someone work through their bipolar. Resolved. They actually knew the moment they became bipolar so it wasn't biological but programmed. It was quite a feat.

Used Gutap that you can see on my website, if you want.

Kapsoki

I don't think there is anything like confidence boosting tips. You can only improve your confidence gradually. You can do things that are neither too easy nor too difficult to challenge yourself a little bit more. As time goes by, you will accumulate many small success experiences. Then you will start to believe you can achieve bigger success. You can only stay in your stretch zone. If you want to boost your confidence fast, you probably will go into your panic zone which is very dangerous and can destroy you.

Great question Cecil.

I found self confidence in fixing what I thought was broke. What does that mean? I continually reviewed how I received the world. When I felt a pang in my head, heart or stomach I would review the situation. Always wondering how I could better myself. An example. Say I was speaking with someone and I felt a little awkward, I would question what it was that made me feel like that. Sometimes I got the answers, other times I did not get any answers straight away. So I went in search of people with similar traits; as the person that made me feel awkward; until I got better at it. Constantly reviewing my own behaviour, never theirs. Because we can't control other people, just how we respond to them. It sounds like you copped it a bit before high school. I'm glad you have made solid friends who have lifted you. I recommend you start some self reflection and self praise. Maybe each morning or each night work out how you handled good and bad situations. If you thought you managed them well, praise yourself. If there are things you need to work on research some tips or tricks in the particular area to improve. This way you continue growing and you are not relying on the outside world for confidence, but it is nice to get feedback from those we love and trust.

Rachel.

Growing up, I must admit I had low self-esteem. Maybe it was my peers who made me feel that I don't belong and I was a loser or something. What I did was just focus on my studies which made me look a loser even more.

When I reached high school, I began to socialize and get a group of friends. Somehow, they have increased by confidence by telling me praises and the good qualities that I possess.

At present, I cannot say that I have 100% confidence but I think I am confident enough to face the world.

Now I just want to ask you guys if you have confidence-boosting tips so that anyone here who lacks confidence would learn how to change for the better.

Cecil,

I believe self-esteem comes from finding and knowing your self-worth. You see, growing up I never paid much attention to my own self-esteem. Yes, I wanted to hang around with the "cool" kids and to be recognized, but they were too "cool" for me (and now that I think about it, they were older than me and did things that weren't so cool like ditching school or drink alcohol). So, I spend my energy doing other things to gain recognition. Some of my peers earned their recognition through sports, others through their special skills, hobbies or interests, and me... well I just love people, so I became the social guy. I love to meet new people, I love to socialize and I love to have intellectual conversations. Eventually, I discovered that I am sapiosexual = one who finds intelligence the most attractive feature. I wouldn't say that I had low self-esteem, but socializing with people definitely boosted my self-confidence. By socializing with people (especially intelligent people) you gain knowledge and knowledge truly is power. So, my advice to you is talk to people, especially intelligent people. Surround yourself with people who are intelligent, motivated, disciplined, honest and entertaining. This will help you to find out your self-worth, and from that to boost your self-esteem
Now, I got to warn you: surrounding yourself with such strong people might backfire in a way that you may feel less important, less successful or make you feel bad about yourself. BUT if you can see past that, if you can LEARN from them and IMPROVE yourself, then you will do great my friend!

Best of Luck!

lezerack

The important thing to remember is that you have the ability to be more self-confident. Just like most things in life, it takes time and practice to get good at something.

Start a 30 day challenge with yourself - think about the ways you'd like to express your self-confidence and visualize what that would look or think about someone who does exhibit this characteristic. Then your action step is to actually act this out even if you have to pretend or fake it initially. See what works and what doesn’t and adjust, but just keep practicing the new behavior. Eventually, you won’t need to force it because if you practice enough it becomes more natural. Many experts believe that a cornerstone in changing the way you think is by first changing your behavior. Good luck!

allanrsm

Coaching Member
I too had confidence issues growing up as I was always placing too high a premium on other peoples opinions combined with the fear of failure!

When I started to become a bit more single minded and focused on believing I could achieve what I wanted and not settle for what I thought others felt I should have than I started to become a little bit bolder and more easy going as I was moving with confidence towards what I believed what I could have!

So 2 steps for become self confident:
1. Develop a positive self image and focus on loving yourself, positively, every second of everyday
2. Ignore opinions...they are the cheapest commodity in the world and hold little value on you becoming who you want to be!

madkhaos

Coaching Member
You have to ditch your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. Everyone fear's what other people will think of them or how they will react, just remember to do things for yourself and stop trying to please other's. It's time to get out of the box and try new things, can you remember when is the last time you did something new for the first time? Keep a smile, laugh and just be yourself. This will take time, but practice at it daily and you will know when you mastered it. ;)

Hey i understand how you fell and was there before. I read a book called Confidence by Stephan Finkel. And it really helped me change and understand emotions better:

Go to goo.gl/oDmhwS for book

You have to ditch your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. Everyone fear's what other people will think of them or how they will react, just remember to do things for yourself and stop trying to please other's. It's time to get out of the box and try new things, can you remember when is the last time you did something new for the first time? Keep a smile, laugh and just be yourself. This will take time, but practice at it daily and you will know when you mastered it. ;)
Hey i understand how you fell and was there before. I read a book called Confidence by Stephan Finkel. And it really helped me change and understand emotions better:

Go to goo.gl/oDmhwS for book