bombarded while shopping

clauemi

So yesterday I went to do a little shopping for my kids winter clothes and right when I was about to line up to check out I am approached by first sales associate. She was offering some kind of special on photos packages and I just did not find the heart to say no so I ended up signing up for some contest and giving her my info. Then when I get to register the cashier there first asked for my email address for updates on sales, so I gave it to him. Then he asked me if I wanted to sign up for their credit card, which I said no too. Then he asked me if I had their rewards card, I said no, he said he would sign me up since it was for free. So now I had to give him all my info for that. And finally I was asked to go to website listed on receipt to fill out a survey on their service. OMG I've never been asked so much while trying to make a purchase.

A

artistry

Not many people are shopping these days, although they do say that people are buying more. So wehen you go to a store, you are a warm body, who becomes a special person to their cause. We want you, becomes their theme. Tee shirts with a great big NO, might be a good business venture. Cheers.

clauemi

Not many people are shopping these days, although they do say that people are buying more. So wehen you go to a store, you are a warm body, who becomes a special person to their cause. We want you, becomes their theme. Tee shirts with a great big NO, might be a good business venture. Cheers.
LOL made me laugh with the t-shirt thing

A

artistry

......I love it when people laugh. Have a good week-end.

Mon-Jes

The photo thing: I know we're supposed to stay positive in this part of the forum, but here I'll say you have to learn to be a bit mean. Not rude, but don't believe for a second she's really going to get depressed because you said no.

I don't know what country you're in, but if it's the U.S., don't worry about whether it looks like you have a heart or not. Oh, and you don't have to tell her why you don't want the photos. Just keep repeating "I said no." Sometimes acting sympathetic can work: "Hey! I know this is just your job, but I said no. Leave me alone, please."

Rewards card and email: You're not required to give any of that to them, either. Tell them you don't give it out. ("Boo hoo for me, then. I don't give out my email" is a handy phrase to memorize when someone tries to convince me I need to get email updates.)

It sounds mean, but these guys are gonna try and sell all they can. And it will take time -- I'm still working on it myself. I went to a bank a few months ago and one guy tried to convince me to take all the money out of my checking account (that was waiting for checks to clear) and invest it. WTH -- really? So bounced checks are no longer a bad thing, dude? I kept yelling NO NO NO NO NO NO NO over everything he was saying. He didn't get me to move the money but I still felt wrung out.

Good luck. Just keep in mind it's all business and acting. They aren't depressed that you said no. Annoyed, because they don't have your money or info, but too bad for them. You can do it!