Big or Small?

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
In a relationship we can show our affection for our partner in big ways, in small ways or a combination of both.

I find that the most effective way to show affection is though small daily actions. I understand that occasionally doing the big things is important too. My favourite exercise is to write to my partner 5 reasons why I love them every morning for 30 days. This produces massive results! I write instead of telling them the 5 reasons because like affirmations it slows the thinking process and forces you to concentrate on the reasons.

I want to know which do you find to be more effective, doing small things or big things for your partner?

Victoria Blanco

Absolutely! A Combination is the path to take. I believe that the smaller things re enforce the larger things on a day to day basis. It is important to celebrate love consistently! It is also important to know what kind of partner that you have.

Personally, my husband is not one for the theatrics, he pays really close attention to and appreciates the small things. So of course the balance is un-even here because he is more of the small scale kind of guy, but it's just right for him ya know?

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
Thats a great idea GJ, in terms of "massive results" what does that mean exactly?

I believe the chose to act big or small depends on the "Love language" of your partner. Also big or small actions are relative. Ultimately the receiver is the quality judge so its best to give Love without attachment to how its received.

My spouse received a gift everyday in February as a month long valentines celebration, I shopped with the idea of making her small however didn't seek much feedback daily.

I'm going to do the writing affirmations, sounds like great way to increase the focus on the energy of love in the home.