Being out of work

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Are any of you out of work, trying to find a steady job? Are you able to stay cheerful? I think that's one of the hardest times to stay positive, because it's impacting your pocketbook, possibly your self-esteem, and getting you worried about your future. I know one guy who is a father of several kids and has been out of work for so many months and probably losing their house. He is always so cheerful despite that, he's taking odd jobs here and there but I admire someone that can stay that cheerful.

iebo

I am technically unemployed, and out of frustration I turned to the internet to see if I could make a living that way. At first, I couldnt' seem to make anything, even losing money, but now I have found several programs that I can utilize. My earnings steadily increase every month and I am feeling more positive day after day about it.
I stopped looking for a real 'job', since I can now pay my bills, even though I have to work way more than 40 hours a week to do it. And the competition out there is just so fierce. People way more qualified and with more experience are also after the same jobs, so I'm happy to be relying on myself for now.
I also occasionally volunteer at a local shelter when I think I can spare the time. It makes me feel good to help out the animals, and I know they appreciate the attention.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Hopefully you're enjoying working on the Internet. I work a regular job in addition to running websites but I like Internet things better and look forward to when I can retire and just do that full-time. If you have more time on your hands you can really juggle a lot of different approaches and then develop the ones that are working well.

That sounds great working at a shelter, I love animals. I think that when I retire from my regular type job I'd enjoy taking a few dogs into my home that need a place to stay until they can be found a new owner, I think several places will reimburse you for the costs.

speedy

Advisor Member
I am unemployed, me and husband try to sell more things online to pay our bills. By God's grace, He didn't leave us. We came to that point that we were really depressed, scared, etc, but then He always provides. I want to help my husband to earn even on own little way online.

beingwell

Are any of you out of work, trying to find a steady job? Are you able to stay cheerful? I think that's one of the hardest times to stay positive, because it's impacting your pocketbook, possibly your self-esteem, and getting you worried about your future. I know one guy who is a father of several kids and has been out of work for so many months and probably losing their house. He is always so cheerful despite that, he's taking odd jobs here and there but I admire someone that can stay that cheerful.
I believe that everything is a choice. Whatever we are in our lives right now, we have chosen it, one time or another. Whether we are in a good or otherwise place, it is because of us and no one else's fault. I work from home. I have no employer but I find ways to earn money. Life is a playground. Everything is possible, that's what I believe.:)

Caroline

I didn't work for 5 years due to medical reasons and became deeply depressed, even suicidal during that time. I had lost my sense of usefullness and my independence, it was a huge struggle. The way I eventually climbed out of the pit I'd sunk into was through volunteer work (which is a huge story in itself.) I found my self-identity once again, felt valued and eventually the place I was volunteering offered me a paid position.

Beingwell, I agree. We must take responsibility and not blame anything or anyone else for where we are. It may not be easy but once we do that we regain control and become empowered to make the necessary changes in ourselves and our lives. When we stop thinking of ourself as a victim and stop acting like a victim, we will stop BEING a victim.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
As a stay at home mom, I have some time to work online writing articles and ebooks.

And, to some people it may appear that I'm jobless. But, honestly I have put in many 12 hour days
and that's over top of my regular mom duties. The pay is not stable, nor predictable but the work is fun.

I try to stay cheerful about it, reminding myself that I am doing the
best thing for my daughter by being here for her all the time.

Though I would not say no to a part time job very soon.

If i were on a regular paying job, I think it would be more relaxing cause there is a set routine,
fixed income and more delegation.

In my house, my job title is 'Mrs. Fix-it' cause I handle it all. :)

radascars

Advisor Member
I am having my financial problems with my studies as I can afford to pay my tuition fee, but regardless of that I always remind my self that I must stay POSITIVE and never look down. With that point of view I was able to make ways to earn as much as I could.

I do a lot of extra work for me to achieve my goals in life. I can't afford to waste my time crying or solitude my self, as they will never help me in my personal development.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I was once unemployed for more than 7 years and I know the kind of impact it can have to one's psychological make-up and finances. Good thing that at that time my parents were so understanding of me and my situation.

radascars

Advisor Member
I was once unemployed for more than 7 years and I know the kind of impact it can have to one's psychological make-up and finances. Good thing that at that time my parents were so understanding of me and my situation.
Wow, seven years is too much! How did you manage to live on your own back then? That's really hard.

Topsecret

I have been unemployed for awhile now which is rough. I have no self worth it seems. I am mindlessly trying to make 300 dollars just so I can get back into college. I desperately read forum after forum trying to find ways to make money online because I take care of my two children. When I can't seem to find ways to roll in any money it makes me feel like dirt. I guess I partially blame my husband because when we do argue he simply tells me what do you do? You don't bring in the money. Someday I am going to prove to him that I am just as good at bringing the money in has he is.

radascars

Advisor Member
I have been unemployed for awhile now which is rough. I have no self worth it seems. I am mindlessly trying to make 300 dollars just so I can get back into college. I desperately read forum after forum trying to find ways to make money online because I take care of my two children. When I can't seem to find ways to roll in any money it makes me feel like dirt. I guess I partially blame my husband because when we do argue he simply tells me what do you do? You don't bring in the money. Someday I am going to prove to him that I am just as good at bringing the money in has he is.
That's the spirit! I know the fact that its really hard to earn money nowadays and even before. You just need to work hard and find an easy way to earn. I myself been unemployed after I graduated a couple of years ago and I feel so useless after that so I decided to work hard to find a job that suits into my career. After just a couple of months I was hired and then things go on easily though its very tiring as long as I earn money I can bear it. :)

Don't lose hope, there's always a chance for everyone to achieve their goals in life you just need to wait and exert a lot of effort to do so. :) Goodluck and don't hesitate to keep moving forward.

Cecil Estrera

As a mother of two little kids (one is 2 and the other is 1 year old), I can't seem to find a way on how to find a job now that my kids need my care and attention. I can't even afford to hire a nanny for my husband's salary is just enough for us. But I stay cheerful, yes, 'cause being with my kids is the greatest thing ever! Although I wish I could find one soon.

francrislee

I'm currently employed as a full time nurse but still my salary isn't enough to sustain my everyday needs. It's like half of my salary goes to the government tax. The good thing about it is that my friend introduced me to some online websites where I could earn part time.

zararina

Coaching Member
I could also admire those who never loose hope and will do odd jobs that are legal just to make a living. It is better than doing illegal things and earn huge money. I personally decide to just have freelance online jobs rather than working in a company here since salary here is not that high which i could manage to ear even online. I just need to be hard working and patient.

diamondlisa

Times are so hard right now and I see many families struggling to find jobs and make ends meet. I finally got to the point where I no longer have to work outside the home and I that God for that. My daughter has been unemployed for over a year now and there just isn't anything out there to even apply for any more. We have so many people loosing jobs around here after being employed with the same company for over 20 years. It's scarey but the important thing to remember is to keep your head up and don't let these tough times destroy our self esteem because then it effects our families.

LadyJane

This is such a difficult time. I fluctuate between anger and gratitude. Anger that I've lost everything (material, that is), and gratitude that I still have my family, health, and a roof over my head.

Although I don't wish this on anyone, it is somewhat comforting to know that these hard times are happening to tons of other people. In other words, I am not alone. So to all of you, this means that you aren't alone, either.

I also think about what should be dictating my emotions. If I rely on financial status to decide how I feel, then I guess I can count on my level of happiness to go up and down throughout my whole life. I really don't want that. I'd like to be in control of my own happiness. My goal, then, is to learn how to feel happy regardless of what my bank account/wallet looks like. It sure isn't easy, though!

A

artistry

This is a very problematic time in the United States. Many people are suffering, due to being out of work. One positive thing that is happening now is the job fairs, that the Congressional Black Caucus is holding in many states. These are not job search fairs, they are job hiring fairs. Companies like GE and Home Depot are hiring on the spot at the fairs. I wrote about this type of fair being held sometime ago, not that one had anything to do with the other, but I am so glad this is taking p;ace. The job fair will be in Miami, Florida on Monday, August 22, 2011. So far, thirteen-thousand people, have reportedly attended fairs in Michigan, Ohio and California. Other groups are planning to do the same thing in the future. This is great work, to try to help the people find jobs. Cheers.