Beats headphones - any good?

Monster beats from Dr Dre are the ultimate fashion accessory when it comes to head gear, perhaps even more so then designer hats. The question remains however, whether or not they are actually any good. Bose are known for creating quality sounds, but what about Beats headphones, do you think they are worthy or their hefty price tags?

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
I'd love to hear some feed back here, I see them all over and wonder is it quality of social fad. I use Bose and just started as a affiliate with "Soul". I'll let you know how those work if you haven't used them? For my personal development use, my headphones have to have an off button for, or no noise cancelation at all.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Nearly everyone who is into testing all the best headphones seems to report that the Beats are overpriced for the quality, and just ok in quality depending on your tastes. Good if you like a really heavy bass as I understand. I never tried them. Bose seems to have pretty good sound but pricey. I'm using ones called Ultrasone Pro 750 I snagged for about 40% of normal price a couple years ago, incredible sound but sometimes a bit heavy to wear for long periods. I sometimes use some light weight PX100's, another really good headphone for the price but doesn't contain the sound.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
I heard Apple now owns Beats Audio, I'm sure that can only help. What do you guys think about the potential of that merger?

JoeInTheMiddle

Advisor Member
I think the acquisition of Beats by Apple can only do good things for the sound quality. The price has always put me off them, but personally I prefer to pay for the quality of a product and not the brand.

Quest

Headphones are for listening, not looking :)

I wonder how the Beats Earbuds sell as opposed to the Beats Headsets...cause with the Earbuds you can't see the logo...and then what would be the point in wearing them???