Balancing time between you and your love one

radascars

Advisor Member
Hi there again guys

I've been thinking it for a very long time, I mean how did you balance your time with your self working, playing games or having a leisure time with your self and giving time with your girlfriend or with your wife/husband?

I honestly say that I am paying much attention to my work and losing time with my girlfriend, after working in my day job I also spend more time to do some online jobs to earn extra money and tend to spend less time with her. Now that I realized this I can't seem to balance my work and my time with my girlfriend.

She seems to understand what I do online but I can't help the fact that she felt disappointed because we were supposed to enjoy our time together as much as possible but there are times that even if we are together I tend to bring my laptop to go online and work while spending time with her.

And there are also times when she felt ignored because when my friends invites me to celebrate I didn't hesitate to give time to them and have a happy bonding moments, we play games having a nice time with me and with my friends.

Did you have some kind of experience like I am having right now?
What do you think is the best way to balance your time with your self and with your love one?

Cecil Estrera

We share the same dilemma here Rad. Me working online eats up most of the time everyday that should have been for my hubby and my kids. My husband would always complain about my being too busy all the time. Although he can very well understand that I am just trying to help.

What I do is just finish all the things that I have to do in the house, secure the needs of my kids first before anything else, and ensure that my hubby's things for work are organized and in good condition so that all will be done and I will be comfortable working online at the rest of the day. And I also set a day off from the computer. During his day off from work, we would go out as a family and spend some quality time together.

All that we need to do is proper time management. :)

radascars

Advisor Member
I guess I really need to manage my time effectively to spend more time with her. I am really having a hard time because most of the time I found my self prioritizing my work/job over my family or my girlfriend. In the long run it would be a problem for me if I fail to organize my time. Hope I can balance my time :)

Cecil Estrera

Good luck on that Rad. I suggest you also set a specific day just for you and your girlfriend and have some great bonding time together. You can also unwind yourself from work-related stress in the process.

Well, I hope the best for the both of you.:)

radascars

Advisor Member
Good luck on that Rad. I suggest you also set a specific day just for you and your girlfriend and have some great bonding time together. You can also unwind yourself from work-related stress in the process.

Well, I hope the best for the both of you.:)
I do, yesterday me and my girlfriend went to the mall and had a great time ice skating and now my body is in pain due to the fact that I always fell down. Am not good at it but manage to learn how to control my balance :)

Cecil Estrera

I do, yesterday me and my girlfriend went to the mall and had a great time ice skating and now my body is in pain due to the fact that I always fell down. Am not good at it but manage to learn how to control my balance :)
Wow, sounds really fun! That's in SM Mall of Asia, right?
I hope to do something like that with my family too. ;)

annavi

yes, it's fun to spend time with your loved one doing that skating. Have you been doing that always with them? or is it the first time? i bet it's fun when it's first time. it does feels exciting to be with them when you are doing things the first time.isn't it?

radascars

Advisor Member
yes, it's fun to spend time with your loved one doing that skating. Have you been doing that always with them? or is it the first time? i bet it's fun when it's first time. it does feels exciting to be with them when you are doing things the first time.isn't it?
Actually its my 2nd time to ice skate but still I can't learn the basics of how to balance my self while skating but its really fun because I'm with my girlfriend. She already knew how to skate that's why I feel dumb at some point :D Anyway, we planned to skate every once or twice a month depends on our schedule :) Thank Annavi!

AmazingP

Advisor Member
In today's very hectic world where people must face the pressure of really working hard, finding a certain balance between work and a relationship can indeed be a big challenge. Since it is never possible that you can have an exception to the 24 hour day rule, we better find some techniques that work. The best thing to do is to first establish an understanding with the other person on your situation and make a promise that both of you will never be affected by the lack of time availability. This is more on assuring the other person that everything is fine and though there is a limited time for each other it doers not mean that the love and respect is decreasing. Second, you must use the available time to have a bonding moment and always use it for activities that could deepen the relationship. Third, always pray together. That third one is my best advice ever.