Are You Thankful?

beingwell

One way to develop ourselves is by being thankful for everything that we've received in our lives. Not only to the good things but also to the not so good things that come to us. Do you believe in the same thing?

As for me, I am thankful and I feel very blessed for every little and big things that come to my life. And with that, I pray to receive even more.:)

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
A very good question! I'm very thankful for my family and my daughter and how we are able to spend so much time together. Of course, our time spent together only happened originally cause of job loss but after awhile we actually found another way to earn money and then was able to spend more time at home as a family. I'm very thankful for that. I'm thankful for every day that I'm alive and can spend with my daughter. She's the reason I am still living. She makes me grateful for even the tiniest things, cause in a lot of ways those are the biggest blessings of all.

iebo

I'm thankful to certain members of my family for being in my life. I'm also thankful for the little things, like being able to eat and pay my bills.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
I'm thankful to certain members of my family for being in my life. I'm also thankful for the little things, like being able to eat and pay my bills.
Sometimes, the little things are the biggest things of all. They say there is a hierarchy of needs that have to be met, with basic ones like food, shelter being foremost important with other needs being met afterward. Creative fulfillment is usually not high on the needs list when a person is hungry or homeless. So, of course, having the ability to pay one's bills or rent is truly a blessing that should be counted.

cold_00

I am! I am thankful that my family remains healthy and that we can enjoy life's simple pleasures, I am thankful for my education and that we are being able to provide the same for my son, I am very thankful that he is growing up to be smart and loving. I am very thankful that God remained faithful through the years. Life may not be perfect but HE always gave me something to be thankful for. :D

JamJam

I always count my blessings.
I am thankful for the good health, for my wonderful husband, and for my very charming son.
God has given me wonderful people that I love and treasured.

kSoo

Thankful, thankful, oh yes. Like most of you say, I'm thankful to not only family but also friends, enemies, people that judged me and girls that left/I've left. We learn from mistakes like people say, we learn something from everything that happens and we should be thankful for it C:

radascars

Advisor Member
Yes!!! I am very thankful that after all the hardships that came to my life I am still alive and happy! Very much thankful for what I am having now! Its been too much for me having those painful times in my life that's why I feel like I am starting to feel success in my career and in my personal growth as well. :)

Cecil Estrera

We all know that life isn't all ups, sometimes we are really down. There are times that I am contented with what I am having, I must admit. But that is life! So I might as well be happy that me and my family are alive and healthy.
One important trait I learned through that was acceptance.
It really helped a lot!

radascars

Advisor Member
We all know that life isn't all ups, sometimes we are really down. There are times that I am contented with what I am having, I must admit. But that is life! So I might as well be happy that me and my family are alive and healthy.
One important trait I learned through that was acceptance.
It really helped a lot!
Yes that's true! If you learned how to accept the facts that would really help you to easily adopt to changes in your life, you can easily forgive people but I know acceptance is really hard to learn in an instant.

Cecil Estrera

Yes that's true! If you learned how to accept the facts that would really help you to easily adopt to changes in your life, you can easily forgive people but I know acceptance is really hard to learn in an instant.
Right. At first, it's really hard to achieve. Specially when the trials you are experiencing are most hard.
I believe time has a lot to contribute to this. As time goes by, we will be able to accept the past.

radascars

Advisor Member
I still remember Kubler-Ross 5 stages of Grief

If you experienced loss you will be on this stages.
First you will experience Denial, due to the fact that you can't accept the truth and you tend to feel Anger. The next is Anger, you feel this due to the fact that it might be just a joke or really pissed of by it. Next will be Bargaining, a lot of people experience this as they think "Why me instead of him/her?". And then the hardest part is the Depression, a lot of people fall to this stage and sometimes it lasted for years. The last stage is acceptance where part of moving on is here. :)

That's it. :)

Matt Maresca

I agree 100% that being thankful for everything is important. Even the not so good things have beauty in them. Sometimes this is in the form of a lesson that can be learned. Sometimes it's in the form of a test of how we respond to adversity. We've all received such amazing gifts, perhaps the best of all being life itself. I'm happy with myself right now even though I want to be better, for I'm thankful for the opportunity to make myself better and get more out of life.

Cecil Estrera

I agree 100% that being thankful for everything is important. Even the not so good things have beauty in them. Sometimes this is in the form of a lesson that can be learned. Sometimes it's in the form of a test of how we respond to adversity. We've all received such amazing gifts, perhaps the best of all being life itself. I'm happy with myself right now even though I want to be better, for I'm thankful for the opportunity to make myself better and get more out of life.
Indeed. Life is not what you want to have, it's what you do with what you have. We must be thankful enough for the blessings we are having now 'cause I believe that we are luckier than those living in the streets, who do not have shelter and enough food.

zararina

Coaching Member
I am also thankful for what i have and for what i have not. I believe that there is a reason and purpose in everything that had happened in our life. Blessings are given to make us experienced the beauty of life and sufferings are experienced to make us stronger and strive to live better. Being thankful is admitting that life is indeed beautiful. :)