Are you taking muti-vitamins as supplement?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Wellness is a mantra now so popular that it would be so difficult to go to a pharmacy or drug store without finding natural products on display. Because the boom created different categories and new opportunities, players of the industry scrambled to get a pie of the billions available on the taking.

Right now, different brands of multi-vitamins can be found on the market both in the traditional shelves and in the online platform. Just a simple search on Google with vitamins would yield millions of searchable links.

As a consumer, do you take your multi-vitamins everyday?

speedy

Advisor Member
Yes, you are right and sometimes people don't know anymore which one to buy and maintain. Many people making them as a business.
I attended a seminar last week and the platform of earning is very convincing and the products you need to promote are more on health care whcih are almost the same products that the other companies are promoted. That's why, they will not blame me if I will doubt and don't believe on their products.

Honestly, I am not taking any multi-Vitamins. I know it is important but I don't know why I am not into it. I would prefer to have fruits and vegetables everyday.

As a matter of fact, I drink several vitamins aside from my multi-vitamins everyday. I find it important to supplement our bodies with the right nutrients and minerals, especially that we are surrounded with unhealthy foods everywhere we go.

radascars

Advisor Member
My friend who's a doctor advised me to take multi-vitamins supplement as my job is very tiring and risk to have acquired a disease. I am a nurse and I know taking immunity boost helps me not to get certain diseases. I take centrum specifically and as far as my body is concern, I feel great with it. :)

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
As a matter of fact, I drink several vitamins aside from my multi-vitamins everyday. I find it important to supplement our bodies with the right nutrients and minerals, especially that we are surrounded with unhealthy foods everywhere we go.
I've been very lax on taking care of my health. After reading your comment the other day, I bought a bottle of multi-vitamins and now everyone in my family takes them. I've felt SO much better since starting my multi-vitamin regime, even with less junk food cravings. Thanks for this advice.

I have Centrum multi-vitamins, but I often forget to take them. I can't swallow pills, so I have to eat them, and they are very bitter. Best to have them crushed up and put in my pudding.

radascars

Advisor Member
I have Centrum multi-vitamins, but I often forget to take them. I can't swallow pills, so I have to eat them, and they are very bitter. Best to have them crushed up and put in my pudding.
We have the same vitamins but crushing them will decrease its effectiveness.

We have the same vitamins but crushing them will decrease its effectiveness.
I though crushing would increase the effectiveness as the contents are more likely to be absorbed, no?

I take 2 children’s chewable multivitamin and minerals every day as they just taste like sweets. These supplements are important to me as my diet is really bad at the moment; however I worry that the fillers in the tables (essentially sand) could cause kidney stones.

radascars

Advisor Member
I though crushing would increase the effectiveness as the contents are more likely to be absorbed, no?

I take 2 children’s chewable multivitamin and minerals every day as they just taste like sweets. These supplements are important to me as my diet is really bad at the moment; however I worry that the fillers in the tables (essentially sand) could cause kidney stones.
If the supplements are enteric coated aka candy coated they should NOT be crushed. Enteric coated medications are not to be crushed so you would need to switch to something uncoated. You might also consider liquid vitamins or supplements although many of those are not real pleasant tasting.

tired

I don't take anything but iron and I'm 52 - I really should but I always forget. My mom is 88 - she still goes out and plants and takes care of her garden and guess what? Never took any vitamins til she was like80 and then it was calcium and just something to help with her bones and something else. There's not a think wrong with her. We should all take multi-supplements I believe - some of us are just lucky enough not to have it matter but I do think it is good for us. May be the fact she never put any preservatives and junk in her system back then had something to do with it or maybe just good genes. I'm hoping for the second one!!!

I try to avoid drugs and supplements as much as possible. So I take them only when it is absolutely necessary. Normally I'd like cover all the necessary vitamins and other nutrition from my diet itself. But sometimes it becomes difficult, especially in times, when you can't have your normal diet. Then taking supplements might be the only option left.