Are you living your dreams , or other people fears?

krobinson

pexels-photo-255268.jpg

Have your ever decided to follow a dream? All of the sudden, family and friends starts to have opinions. They start feeding fear instead of faith. They try to dissuade you with negativity imagery of death and criticism . They tell your dumb ,crazy and stupid for doing what you feel lead to do They even try to threaten you with the lost of the relationship, if you don't obey . Are they protected you? Are they right? What do you do when you get caught up in the web of lies of the mind?

Well, I decided to carve to own path. I realize that in order to live the life I desire it going take courage. Courage to face fear, and criticism from family and friends. People opinions are not facts, just opinions. You can't live in fear, fear is just an illusion , to keep you close in and make you miserable. People like it when you slow down and accept mediocrity and but you deserve to be, to have and do whatever you long to do. Life is your to create .

Last edited:
I always tell people to do what is best for them regardless of what anyone else has to say. Even if that "anyone else" is your own family.

People tend to have rational minds that keep them from understanding that there is more to life than just getting a job, a husband, a house and a mortgage. They have followed the path set by the society and expect you to do the same, therefore they will criticise you for not wanting to be a follower.

If you know the life you'd like to live, go for it and prove to the world that it is possible to step out of the run wheel. You might encounter a few bumps on the way, lose self-confidence and start questioning yourself on the way, but all of this is worth it if you know that the reward is your dream life.

Of course, people will criticise you but just as DreamLifeRules already mentioned, it is fundamental to develop a thick skin.

Know that what you are doing, you are doing for yourself and everyone else just doesn't want you to be better than them.

Best of luck!

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
Most people keep you down because they can't get up. As for parents, most of them want to see us succeed with the rules that worked for their lives. Breaking free and running your own show is definitely what you should do.

Now I can have a whole rant about exactly that, but I think that Gary Vaynerchuk has mastered this craft. I'll link you to one of his youtube videos:

He's got more if you dig a bit into his youtube channel.

All the best,
Mick

Disclaimer: I'm don't have any relationships with Gary nor am I affiliated in any way. It's just my honest opinion that he's a great guy to look into if you're struggling with other people's opinions. Btw, Gary doesn't know me either so let him know I send you, haha ;)

I perfectly understand how that feels. Parents and friends want you to succeed but yet they want you to play it safe and keep to the rules and those two things are so opposite and cant flow together. First, this is your life and at the end of the day the choices you make determine how your future would be. The doorway to your future is for you to fit through, and trying to carry everybody along you can't get pass that door.