Are You Into Charity?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Sharing is the way to happiness. And this is true in all aspects of our lives. Be it to our marriage, to our children, to our community, to our business and even to ourselves. We are all born to share something -- and this could either be the time, energy, expertise and financial resources.

I believe in sharing so whenever I could I make sure I donate something for charity. I am connected with a developmental and charity foundation which manages funds for the needy and those who need more capital and expertise for others to stand up on their own feet.

What about you -- do you also share? And in what way?

zararina

Coaching Member
I do share if i have the opportunity and resources to do so. I prefer giving food rather than money on the street cause i think it is much better. I really believe that it was right to give specially if we are able.

speedy

Advisor Member
I am not connected into any institution like a charity home but that's what I always wanted to do. On the other hand, I give something to my neighbors and anybody that I meet that needs my help. Like yesterday, I bumped with a neighbor and asking me for a fare and I helped her. I like charitable work and one of my biggest dream is to build a charitable institution or a free school for less fortunate children or open a work shop for mother or out of school youths.

yurithebest1

I think that charity is one of the pillars that hold a good society, without charity there will be a very huge social differences between people, that's why i think that it's very important for people who have some money to share just a little bit (like one dollar or so) to help people who cannot find anything to eat in the streets.

diamondlisa

Everyone needs a little help at some time or another. Many times that is all one needs is just that little helping hand in order to get back on their feet. I love helping others in any way I can and I have tried to raise me kids to do the same. We've helped many of families with food, clothing, gifts, and paying utility bills in the winter. I really enjoy seeing people smile.

SDavis2702

I am just like Speedy. I do not have any specific charities that I give to. However, I do choose to give when the opportunity presents itself. I fear that I will start to act like I've done something if I pick a charity and donate a certain amount. So I just like to give on the go. You know... "Pay an extra dollar on your purchase and it goes to the ____ foundation." I take that route. I've found that I run into ways to give on a daily basis when I do it like this. And it doesn't always have to be monetary either. A helping hand is just as good!

Cecil Estrera

I am not into donating in charities at the moment. But I did some charity works back when I was in college. I remember that it was Christmas time then. And instead of having a Christmas party, we just gave relief goods to the evacuees that has been affected by the strong typhoon. And the feeling was indeed fulfilling.

A

artistry

I do contribute whenever possible.There are many people out there who need help, especially with the problems in the world today. Most of us want to help those who are in need and we try as best we can. Cheers.

I have sponsored children and donate to food banks and other charities. I believe that we should help others whenever we can.

buroo

Actually what I've realized through my life is that charity is not just giving a few bucks to somebody and think that your job is done but it is to engage yourself in the positive uplifting process of certain people towards better opportunities in life, who were denied of the same, and learning and growing through the whole experience is what that matters. Also doing charity doesn't necessarily mean that you have to give money or other valuable stuff. You can just be charitable by being nice, friendly and helpful towards others in every possible way. But since the human needs around us is so humongous that anyway we can contribute, either with money or goods really helps.

I used to sponsor a child through an NGO in the past but I had to give it up due to some acute financial problems. Presently I don't have enough money for my own needs so I'd try to help in any other way and in future hope to contribute financially again.