Are you a perfectionist?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
There are people who live by the norms and standards they established up to the last letter and then they demand those people around them to also adopt the same. The problem is when things are not meet, disappointments and emotional turmoil could ensue. However, perfectionism can be effectively use for greater productivity and to win over a sea of intense competition.

How can we possibly balance perfectionism and reality?

zararina

Coaching Member
I am not a perfectionist and I believe that no body is perfect. It was never right for me to always put standards on things or in people cause it will just cause not only disappointments but disputes. Doing the best is enough for me specially if I could see sincerity and determination on a certain person. In my own activities, I am also making sure to do my best specially doing those things that I really love to do and to be able to achieve the goals I had set for myself.

speedy

Advisor Member
I am not a perfectionist but I admit that I get irritated if someone playing dumb and could understand what I meant or explained. When I work overseas my employer asked me if I am a perfectionist. I asked him why? He said because he noticed that when I worked he didn't see any fault on it and everything is clear and well done. I told him that its my work and I need to do the best I can to make it good and satisfactory. I am not a perfectionist and I do believe that each person that its own level of capability and we will not expect them to be like us. Each person has its own expertise and we can't judge them at their weakest point.

bright_light

Putting a certain level or standard to pursue whenever you are given a task to do has its positive aspects. For one, it motivates you to give your best. I try to finish tasks perfectly, but I don't feel disappointed when the result is less than what I expected. I always recognize the fact that I also have my limitations. This is also how I understand others when they fall short of my expectations.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I am not a perfectionist but I admit that I get irritated if someone playing dumb and could understand what I meant or explained. When I work overseas my employer asked me if I am a perfectionist. I asked him why? He said because he noticed that when I worked he didn't see any fault on it and everything is clear and well done. I told him that its my work and I need to do the best I can to make it good and satisfactory. I am not a perfectionist and I do believe that each person that its own level of capability and we will not expect them to be like us. Each person has its own expertise and we can't judge them at their weakest point.
Perfectionism may have its own advantages and disadvantages. I think your attitude is right and I have an official term for that: doing your best! Doing your best means you do everything you can with your abilities and within the limitations present. This is a more balanced approach and this is what we should adopt.

Cecil Estrera

I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist. And idealistic as well. I usually want things done perfectly the way I want it or the way I am doing it. I also want people around me to behave accordingly as to how I want them to be. And I'm finding it hard to accept that not all people behave responsibly.

As of now, I am really frustrated as to how my older siblings behave immaturely and irresponsibly. They just waste money for useless things which was given to them by our sister in Japan who's really working hard day and night just to be able to support them. What's worse is that they are proud of what they are doing. Which makes me think if they even have the brains to think properly. :mad:

Mark

A lot of people use perfectionism as a reason to procrastinate, they say if I cant do it perfect then I will not do it at all. I used to be like that. Now I just go for it, I still always give it my best effort but I try not to stress when things don't exactly as I would like.