Anybody here using the net as a marketing medium?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
If there is one single development that affected all of us in this generation, I think it would be the introduction and the massive use of the internet. Right now, it is possible to communicate to people at the other side of the globe instantly and for free. The internet is a big revolutionary platform that eventually shift the paradigm of the way we communicate, socialize, educate, research and -- to a much larger extent -- do business.

In the past, to reach a larger audience beyond a certain geographical area would require time, focus and much budget. With the help of the internet, the field is now open for both big and small players. It is now possible to do a global campaign right from the comfort of your room or small office. Marketers of all sizes and shapes are now given the medium they only dreamed of before -- the large global audience at the least cost at a faster pace.

Want to jump into the online marketing bandwagon?

canadien

The Internet has become a great tool for business. Little fish can no compete against the big, corporate sharks and still have success. Because of the wide demographic and overall activity on the Internet, entrepreneurs are able to gain relatively quick popularity. There is even the new term, "Youtube Sensation", which is quite literal in it's meaning. One Internet success story is the man with the golden radio voice. He was filmed and put on Youtube, then only weeks later he was approached by giant radio stations, even an NBA basketball team! The Internet has truly revolutionized the business industry.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
The Internet has become a great tool for business. Little fish can no compete against the big, corporate sharks and still have success. Because of the wide demographic and overall activity on the Internet, entrepreneurs are able to gain relatively quick popularity. There is even the new term, "Youtube Sensation", which is quite literal in it's meaning. One Internet success story is the man with the golden radio voice. He was filmed and put on Youtube, then only weeks later he was approached by giant radio stations, even an NBA basketball team! The Internet has truly revolutionized the business industry.
This is indeed a very big and overarching revolution which can and do affect almost all people on the planet. Almost all aspects of our life is now being integrated with the help of the internet platform. Because businesses are one of the first to adopt effective technologies, we are now witnessing them to be migrating or at least incorporating the internet as a business medium. This is a field leveling game.

iebo

Yes I use the internet to market other people's products. I also get paid to like Facebook pages and to retweet messages. I also have a site where I advertise the various programs I belong to.

mslianne

I love the internet! However, due to it, marketing has been harder and more challenging. Everyone has the Net on their fingertips: it means they can ask questions regarding a certain product and do researches which may not be good depending on your product.
They can be cynical wherein they ask questions but don't believe the answer, or they can be skeptics that do not ask questions at all.
What we are planning to do is focus first on the Facebook fan page and build a positive community while our website is still in the works. :D

zararina

Coaching Member
I use to promote my referral links and sites like through the net.
I am using those free bookmarking sites just like Digg.com, Stumbleupon.com and Reddit. And I am also using those social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. Marketing through net or through new technology make it easier and cheaper specially for businesses that have low budget for marketing. Online marketing now is really powerful and could really bring success for businesses or sites.

kevinm

This is indeed a very big and overarching revolution which can and do affect almost all people on the planet. Almost all aspects of our life is now being integrated with the help of the internet platform. Because businesses are one of the first to adopt effective technologies, we are now witnessing them to be migrating or at least incorporating the internet as a business medium. This is a field leveling game.
I agree...