And This is Why Motivation is like Bathing...

Marvin Tampus

Advisor Member
"Mom, may I just take a bath later? We're still playing!"

This was my common excuse to my mother whenever I felt lazy (in which most of the times, I was) to take a bath when I was still a kid. Good thing, my mother is skilled in persuasion by telling me that I'll get a whip in the butt if I don't. HAHA.

Well, mothers know best. They know that bathing doesn't last and sooner or later their kids will smell stinky again.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar

Just like bathing, motivation doesn't last long. Today you were able to successfully motivate yourself! Hooray! The next day you find yourself in your excuses again and feeling lazy to do what you need to do to achieve your goals. Sounds familiar? We all can relate from experience. Hence, it is recommended daily.

To take my "daily motivation bath", I started watching videos in a Youtube channel Goalcast every morning on my way to office.

Hungry for motivation? Go check the link! :)

Awesome day champions!

I'm Marvs! I reside here in the beautiful Philippines.

To Learn and to share. These are some of the reasons why I joined this community.

How about you? What are your sources of daily motivation bath? Share so that we may learn from you. :)

Plokoon111

Great post, that is a metaphor I haven't heard before but makes complete sense! Motivation, confidence isn't a physical thing you buy or have for good once you found it. Its like a muscle you have to work it out and continue to enforce these ideas, it grows and so does ones growth! Always put effort to learn, journal, read and observe!