Afraid of Friday the 13th?

AmazingP

Advisor Member

I know this post about this topic can already be late but it is still interesting to talk on Friday the 13th. It's official…this year, we can all be screwed. As if one Friday the 13th is not bad enough, I just found out that Friday the 13th happens three times this year.

What the heck is up with this year? Will the world really going to end? I hope not…lol. Some people can still be freaking as they feel their phobia for this date.

To be honest, I am actually just taking Friday the 13th for fun and I am sure it got neither effect nor power over us.

Why do you think some people are still swayed by Friday the 13th even if it is just another day? :D :D

zararina

Coaching Member
I also do not fear Friday 13th and just treat it as normal day just like any other day.
It was like any other Fridays that was just normal or the same as I just do normal things. Maybe something strange could have happen if I had done something strange too on such day. ;)

DeeNeely

I never could figure out what the big deal was over Friday The 13th. If 13 is so unlucky then why not worry about Thursday the 13th or Sunday the 13th. It is like people panicking over the number 666. If its not on the palm of someones hand or on their forehead then why worry about it. A number is just a number.

A

artistry

I think it is perpetuated by talk more than anything, bad things could happen on Thursday the 12th or Tuesday the 14th, as well as Friday the 13th. Somewhere in history something went on and they hept pushing this day as bad, bad, bad. Until it is mentioned, I never pay much attention. I think that I thought about it late in the day. Cheers.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I never could figure out what the big deal was over Friday The 13th. If 13 is so unlucky then why not worry about Thursday the 13th or Sunday the 13th. It is like people panicking over the number 666. If its not on the palm of someones hand or on their forehead then why worry about it. A number is just a number.
Well, numbers can mean something to all of us and it can represent or symbolize something according to our cultural and religious leanings. However, we do sometimes just exaggerate them and could just be using our wild imaginations that they can somehow affect us and our future. Sometimes everything is just on the mind. We should be rational and never be swayed on unfounded ideas and opinions from other people. :D

rose banks

There's nothing about Friday the 13th, I think. They just try to scare people about the bad lucks of that day. It's just the same ordinary day.

pafjlh

I don't fear Friday the 13th. Maybe when I was younger I kind of wondered about that superstition. But when I got older I tend to thin of it as just another day. Then I met someone on the bus who really told me something interesting about the number 13.

He said that one of the arguments that was made to crucify Christ was that he and his Apostles added up to 13 which should be considered an unlucky number. Not sure if this story is true, but it kind of makes sense when you think about it. After all Christ had twelve Apostles and with him added to the group that make 13.

marlinealcott

I've always been a huge fan of friday the 13th. One because I love horror movies, and two because my birthday often lands on that day. I think of the number 13 as lucky, if anything.

R. Paradon

I think that it is just another number and another day. But it is pretty "important" to some people. I have yet to see an elevator with a button for the 13th floor! Triskaidekaphobia! Just trying to spell it is scary enough! :rolleyes:

Jessi

I did not fear them last year and I don't fear any that come up in future years. It really doesn't mean anything to me at all.

delboy491

Advisor Member
It's just good old superstition as far as I'm concerned,I have never believed in any of it.But I'm sure many people do,it's all down to what you believe in.;)

A

artistry

It is just another day, but people over the years have kept it going. just like the black cat bringing you bad luck if it walks across your path. There is also a self-fulfilling prophecy that you can cause, if you keep dwelling on something like that. Think positive if you can.

Robert Basham

When I was young, I was afraid of Friday the 13th, it was due to the sayings of my parents, of course they do it to scare their children and be more responsible and always think of safety.
But when I reach the teenage life, it seems I am not afraid of Friday the 13th anymore, maybe because there were no any bad incidents or tragedies happened to my life during that day, it is like an ordinary day.