Achieving Business Success - The Steps

Thorium

Hi guys. This is my first post on Personal-Development.com. I'm not sure if a similar thread has been posted before, if so, sorry. Anyhow, I'm going to write down the steps which, I believe, one needs to follow in order to succeed in any business objective.

Set a SPECIFIC Purpose

Setting a particular purpose, in my opinion, is highly important. Some people set vague objectives and fail in achieving the success they dreamt of because of it. The more detailed you are, the better.

STICK TO IT

Now this is the main reason most newbies (in Business) fail. I had the same problem earlier, in fact, I'm still trying to work on it. Let me first tell my own story. You see, the world is big and full of opportunities. Whenever I used to set an objective, I'd work on it for a while and then another opportunity would strike in my mind. I'd.. kinda get bored of the old one and would think the new one is going to be more profitable and such. As a result, I'd change my objectives. Well, and then the cycle repeats. It sucked, actually. Most people don't stick to their objectives - Big mistake. The people who succeed at achieving riches and success STICK to their objectives which would help them achieve the success they want. It's as simple as that, trust me.

Put Everything Behind and Forget RETREAT

To achieve something, one needs to put in as much work as possible. You can't get beautiful things in life unless you put in efforts. You can't just sit back, "wish" and hope for success without actually working in the proper manner. Forget luxuries for a while. You might even have to forget rest many times.. Do it. Once you've attained your objective, you'll have your whole rest of the life to take rest and be lazy.

NEVER quit and don't get discouraged by TEMPORARY DEFEATS

Temporary defeats - Also one of the main causes of failures of many businesses. One is bound to face obstacles in their quest of attaining success. Easy and probably the most logical thing would be to forget it and switch to something else that might seem to work with no setbacks as your current one. But guess what.. Obstacles are there for a reason. Obstacles are there to stop the people who don't want to achieve their objective BADLY ENOUGH. No matter how many temporary setbacks you face, NEVER quit. That's the simple "mantra" of successful people (or at least, so I believe). Keep on working hard. Make slight changes in your methodologies if you have to, but NEVER move away from your PARTICULAR objective that you set earlier.

That's all, really. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. :D Good luck, you guys! If you haven't already, set particular objectives in your life and work to achieve them. There's no way you can fail if you're determined enough and are ready to fight the obstacles as many times as you might have to. :)

radascars

Advisor Member
wow, you had a great steps achieving a good success in business, I too need to understand this fully as I am going to have my own business later this year. And I don't want to fail my first business. Thank you mate!

Thorium

wow, you had a great steps achieving a good success in business, I too need to understand this fully as I am going to have my own business later this year. And I don't want to fail my first business. Thank you mate!
I'm really glad I could help. Going to start your own business later? Exciting! :D I suggest you imprint the steps I wrote, in your mind and not EVER forget them. The truth is, we mostly know deep down what needs to be done. Sometimes, we just need to be reminded. So, be sure to read it again as many times as you'll have to.

Also, you said you don't want to fail in your first business. True - No one does. But I'd just like to say if, God forbid, something slightly does go wrong, don't think "dammit! I didn't expect to fail.." .. instead, think of setbacks as opportunities to fight obstacles. Don't let temporary setbacks get you off your track. Plan well and stick to the plans. I'm sure you're gonna do great. Good luck.

radascars

Advisor Member
Thank you for giving me a goodluck! Your advise is really great and feels like it is effective if you follow it right. I really appreciate what you said and thank you for motivating me not to give up if ever something wrong might happened.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Wonderful advice Thorium and very well stated. What you describe has worked well for me when I've been able to do it. It seems to really be a mind-set, you have to really know what you want, know that if others did it then you can as well, and then act as though it's a fact that you will succeed.

I'm glad you mentioned being open to changing your methodologies. Just because your approach isn't working doesn't mean you've failed, it just means it's time to try something different. I've seen where people can get too fixated on one method for no good reason.

iebo

I agree that its very important to have specific goals in mind. That way you can focus your energies on how best to meet those goals. And you have to be persistent, and fight through the bad days. Don't forget to reward yourself when you reach your goals. That will provide added motivation to reach your next goal.

Estefani

Wow, this steps are helpful to both, the employer and the employees. I'll definitely look into this when I start to take charge in my family's company. Thanks for sharing.

speedy

Advisor Member
Thank you for sharing Thorium, your first post is very informative and will surely help us. I am very bad in business because I am shy with dealing in people and I don't know where to start. And these tips are very helpful for me and I am sure "being well" will appreciate this info very much. Again, thank you for sharing. God bless

zararina

Coaching Member
It was right to set specific goal, work hard for it and do the best for it to become a successful venture in the future.
Having business takes a lot of time and effort specially in the beginning and we must make sure we love what we are doing and do what we love.:)