ABOUT MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE

Don

MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE

Some simple truth about marriage can answer a lot of questions.

What is marriage? Deep commitment between two people, to each other.

A wedding is not the beginning of a marriage. It is a celebration of a commitment that already exists.
If you do not bring commitment to the alter, you do not leave with it .

A divorce is not the end of a marriage. It is an agreement to recognize that the commitment has ended sometime in the past, and an arrangement to settle the assets and obligations that have come out of it.

Are 50 % of marriages failures?
No- the number is much higher. 50% end in divorce, but a large percentage of those that don't end in divorce become living failures, going on in a sometimes hellish world for one reason or another. When the commitment fails, the marriage has failed.

The number of truly successful marriages is probably between 10 and 20%. If you wish to be one of those successes, you must know your heart and your capacity when you marry- but you must also know the same about your partner, and you must use your head and judgement to determine if the capacity for a life-long commitment is there in both of you. Great marriages are wonderful, but they do not happen by accident.

Developonlinesuccess

Coaching Member
I have been married and divorced, I guess one of the important things is to know yourself and what is important to you, and know the other person and their desires equally well and if they match pretty well and you are both committed to making your marriage work, and the need to happily compromise sometimes, you stand a good chance; but we all change so there is no guarantee. Love and caring play a big part too.

If your relationship breaks down don't be bitter, life is too short, and no-one is perfect, the chances are it was partly your fault!

William Martinez

Advisor Member
I truly believe alot of marriages fall into negative behavior patterns and what once was a full filling and loving relationship, becomes "we grew apart." I believe alot of couples never have a chance because none of us are taught how to initiate and maintain positive couple patterns, that keep a relationship fulfilled. That's why I do what I do, and it works for a large majority of couples I work with. However, there are those more extreme relationships that are better off disolved. It is an unfortunate truth, buy a truth non the less.

Nas

Everything starts by education: during the childhood we are rocked by the fairy tales and we finish by believing the marriage is forever. But it's wrong!
I don't know what's a long-term relationship and neighter the marriage but we need just to analyze the departure point ;-)

How right you are. Marriage is a long journey between two people from diversified family background. Unless there is mutual love and care your married life meanders about aimlessly.
I had always been interested in marriage relationship as I enjoyed 18 years of excellent relationship with my husband. Though he is no more he has left behind lots of loving memories.
http://www.breezystorm.com/http:/
It deals with all sort of marriage problems and offers practical solutions.

Coach Brandon

Hi all,

This is my first post in a forum like this, but I just wanted to say:
I think the most important thing in a marriage is you know YOURSELF, and that you're comfortable with who you are. Like Sammy Davis, Jr. once said, "How can I be right for somebody else if I'm not right for me?" It also requires being able to adapt to a new identity, going from Boyfriend or Girlfriend to Husband or Wife, and then to Father or Mother; but it still comes back to being comfortable in your own skin.

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
How right you are. Marriage is a long journey between two people from diversified family background. Unless there is mutual love and care your married life meanders about aimlessly.
I had always been interested in marriage relationship as I enjoyed 18 years of excellent relationship with my husband. Though he is no more he has left behind lots of loving memories.
http://www.breezystorm.com/http:/
It deals with all sort of marriage problems and offers practical solutions.
My condolences.