A Tip in Starting a Business

jcin04

A lot of people want to get into business. More often than not, these people look for businesses with a good track record for success, or the most popular business, or they look for the cheapest and easiest business to start.

The problem here is that, they look for something which they don't have yet, which actually make things more difficult and expensive.

I believe the easiest way to start a business is to work with what you have or make use of what is already available to you now, instead of looking for something that you don't have.

Similar to what I did.

You can read more about it here in my blog. http://lifecoachforpinoys.blogspot.com/2014/06/work-with-what-you-have.html

flad264

Thanks for the information. Another thing is when people are starting a business what they like to do is that they like to think that they can just start the business and for some reason that the business will just automatically start making money for them and this is where a lot of people end up getting burned because they do not understand that in order to be able to run a successful business you have to be willing to work really hard to see your business thrive.

Phil Moufarrege

Advisor Member
In my experience having enough money to survive at least 1 year helps a lot because the first 1 year is where one will be just trying to establish balance and momentum and learn how things roll.

Personally, I saved up 6 months worth of savings, then moved overseas to a cheaper country that basically allowed my 6 months to double into 12 months worth of savings. It took me about 6 months to start earning a solid income from my business.

Thank you for sharing all of your experiences and points. I agree with jcin04 and about working with what you do have because that is the golden nugget to start with and focusing on that first and then taking it from there. Like flad264 has said of course it takes commitment and dedication to the business when you start because its something that you are passionate about making it work, and you put in your energy into it. I think like anything if you are interested in it and want to take it further you will put in the time and work because it's important to you. I think it helps to have passion with all you do and ask yourself what is the purpose of the business? And your big why? You can always come back to these questions when things aren't going as well or when you aren't as enthusiastic, because it will move you back into the reason why you started your business and it's main motto and keep your focus on the work.

Jason Surmillon

Coaching Member
Great tips!

I know when starting a business whether its successful or not, you'll definitely learn quick hands on. I respect anyone that starts a business because they actually get their foot in the door. It's definitely not easy, but if you have the passion for your business, I'm pretty sure you'll do anything to make it strive!

sherman joseph

You have to make up your mind on what it is that you want to do and just jump. To often people spend so much time, talking about they have to plan everything, until they plan themselves out of every starting a business. Having a plan and understanding where you want to go is important, however you wont know what you can accomplish until you take that leap of faith.

Raz Chan

The problem with people starting a business and even those who are already in business is they spend the majority of their time on operations such as bookkeeping, admin duties etc. The majority of the time should be spent on marketing the business. The fastest way to grow you business is through networking. People buy people. Your product or service has to be good but we buy from people we like and connect with.

I'm sure many of you have gone to a restaurant where the food was excellent but the service and the owner were rude. You probably wouldn't go back there again to support them.

L

Lorenzo Daley

You have to make up your mind on what it is that you want to do and just jump. To often people spend so much time, talking about they have to plan everything, until they plan themselves out of every starting a business. Having a plan and understanding where you want to go is important, however you wont know what you can accomplish until you take that leap of faith.
I totally agree with you. I myself am a little guilty of trying to get that planning phase down perfect that I lost track and never got around to actually starting the business for a long time. A lot of people never get to the work because they get so caught up in planning. I don't want to take away from the importance of planning but simply planning won't get you anywhere. One must start putting in that hard work. A goal setting tool is really valuable in working as it gives you the opportunity to set small goals, do the work, track your progress and cross that goal off the list once it is completed. Then you move on to other goals, this will get you working and before you know it you have a thriving business or at least well on your way to creating one.

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
Here are keys to entrepreneurial success:
1. be patient and refrain from giving up for awhile if things don't go your way right away
2. make sure your website or blog is pleasing to the eye, well organized, easy to navigate and full of relevant content
3. network on Facebook and Stumble Upon
4. earn money in other ways by taking surveys and writing articles and books

If you want to learn more, please send me a personal message and I'll be happy to work with you one on one for free.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and information.
I also have other GREAT tips to starting a business:
  1. have a plan: setting goals and taking the time to work out a budget and a list of tasks they will need to do.
  2. Invest in education: Whatever business you want to start, there are so many people who have done it before you. Sometimes those people perform products about what they did to succeed. If their business aligns with what you want to do, don’t be afraid to invest money into their products.
  3. Network: Networking is nothing more than making friends and acquaintances with others who work in your field or related fields.
Finally, the MOST important tip is to take action. If you want to start your business –just start your business. I can't tell you how many people plan and plan and plan and never get started. Do not fall into the same mistake !!!!!

Developonlinesuccess

Coaching Member
Wow, I'm new here - Happy New Year to you all - reading all your comments most were covered, but how about believe in yourself, along with all the others especially passion for your chosen topic that your business revolves around.

If you are not passionate about it and about sharing it, why wold others want to know.

Yes I agree plan, but get stuck in, work it as a hobby business, keeping your job until you have matched you income, and it won't be half as scary, begin small and scale up later. This will make for long days and extra work, but with your passion, you will make it.

Set up something you can do on the internet, you can fit it around your other work.

I have book reviews and articles on our website that might give you ideas or help - To a great 2015