A pleasure to meet you all :)

Dennielle Lee

Advisor Member
Hi there I just wanted to say hi to the community and introduce myself.

As you can see my name is Dennielle ;)

I first discovered personal development about 5-6 years ago when I was diagnosed with severe and debilitating anxiety (and I of course had varying degrees of depression, if any of you have suffered from anxiety you will know that it's a mood killer that leaves you feeling pretty down and flat most of the time).

At the time of my diagnosis I began to realise that it was my thoughts and my perceptions of reality that were making me mentally sick. I became aware of the fact that in order to get better I had to change both. So begun my discovery and journey of personal development.

While I would not wish it upon anyone because it is a debilitating illness of relentless mental (and physical in the form of both mild and severe panic attacks) torment, anxiety has turned out to be my greatest friend. For it was during my quest to learn to how to manage anxiety (I did not want to take medication) and heal myself that I discovered the benefits of meditation and the principles that govern the law of attraction and all the wisdom that circulates within the personal development space!

I've joined this community to further immerse myself within this circle of wisdom and to share with and learn from like-minded people.

:)

Plokoon111

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your background, I feel your pain with panic attacks and anxiety. Glad you could look at the positive side of it on how you learned about new ways to deal with it!

Dennielle Lee

Advisor Member
Welcome! Thanks for sharing your background, I feel your pain with panic attacks and anxiety. Glad you could look at the positive side of it on how you learned about new ways to deal with it!
Thanks so much for the welcome! One thing I have learnt in life is that we have to either look on the bright side or look for lessons to be learnt when going through periods of struggle. Otherwise life becomes pretty miserable! ;)

AnMa

Hi Dennielle!
I am all new too!
I know too well about anxiety!! Did you have panic attacks as well? It is all so debilitating!!

Like you though, I brought me into the way of learning many many things about personal development and many healing techniques. I am really passionate about this!

Hope to see you in the forums! :)

Dennielle Lee

Advisor Member
Hi Dennielle!
I am all new too!
I know too well about anxiety!! Did you have panic attacks as well? It is all so debilitating!!

Like you though, I brought me into the way of learning many many things about personal development and many healing techniques. I am really passionate about this!

Hope to see you in the forums! :)
Hi AnMa

Welcome :)

Yes I did have mild panic attacks, although for me it seemed like I was in a perpetual state of panic so I was never really able to differentiate between severe anxiety and panic attacks. At time life was one long mild panic attack :(

It's good to see you're passionate about personal development. It's about continually learning, growing and being the best you can be. It's knowing happiness is all about the journey and not the destination. Discovering these truths is truly uplifting and transformational!

Hope to see you too in the forums :)

AnMa

Oh wow that sounds pretty horrible!
I have recently have a similar period of being "on the edge" all the time, like my nervous system was overcharged all the time! The slightest sound from outside that would resemble a yelling or someone being angry would trigger me!

"It's knowing happiness is all about the journey and not the destination." <--- I am still working on this one!! ;)

See you in the forums! :)