A Different Perspective On Effort

Rea

“If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
― Michael Jordan

I don’t think anyone is oblivious to the fact that Michael Jordan dominated the world of basketball. He’s one of the best players who undoubtedly knew how to play the game. Having read his biography, I knew there was something that for sure was worth soaking in. While he may be well-versed in the field that he was and still in, success didn’t come as easily as we would have imagined. You’ll be amazed by how he was able to achieve success and even set greater goals later on.

Most of us are usually mistaken by the idea that somebody who’s successful at what he’s doing never really had to exert effort at all. Some people think that a person’s success is effortless just because he has a natural talent to do it or that he was born with it. So when a person strives to accomplish to be on top of what he’s doing, does it mean he’s untalented?

Truth is, every human being is talented in his own respect. The only difference is that highly successful people know how to value the level of effort they put in toward achieving their goals. They exhibit relentless determination, able to set their own expectations, and persist through the hardships that come their way. We have to dismiss the assumption where we regard successful individuals to be effortless in creating success because it took an astounding amount of effort to reach those that they desire.Neither should we dub anyone to be untalented when we see them struggling through their journey toward their dreams.;)

zararina

Coaching Member
I agree that we all have our own talents and skills, we just have to know how to use them well. And also to exert effort on making use of it to its best form in order for us to be successful on the goals that we had set for ourselves. Motivating ourselves also requires effort as stated in the opening post. ;)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
“If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
― Michael Jordan ;)
This is one of the most popular quotes from the legendary basketball star named Michael Jordan. With his story and insights, he successfully inspired many people to face their fears and do something with the obstacles they faced. Together with Will Smith, this is the man I really admire. :)

Jessi

If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
I love this part of the quote. That's how I feel my life goes most times anyway, so if I just stopped every time I hit a wall or a speed bump, I'd never get anywhere. Life is all about navigating those situations and moving on.

A

artistry

Truly a great quote, which is what one must do in life, keep moving until you solve it, if there is a problem. Take it apart, knock it down or go around it. You have to fight for your right to survive.

Indeed if you have a dream and in order that dream come true you must work for it and need to exert effort for the achievement of that goal. I do something also thinking the best way is very important too because proper and clear mindset is essential as well in goal setting.

digitalbrew

Most of us are usually mistaken by the idea that somebody who’s successful at what he’s doing never really had to exert effort at all. Some people think that a person’s success is effortless just because he has a natural talent to do it or that he was born with it. So when a person strives to accomplish to be on top of what he’s doing, does it mean he’s untalented?
I'm not surprised. It has been such a stereotype. I have to admit that back when I was thirteen or fourteen, I thought that the children of people who were rich and successful in a certain business were lucky enough to have ended up with mom and dad's inheritance.

My partner was one of this people and back when we were just friends, I would always tell him how blessed he was to have a hard working rich dad. But the tides have changed. His dad died and his brother siphoned all their money to spend on his concubine. This taught my partner how hard life could be.

I've met some of his friends who started from scratch. I think the drive of some people can be pretty amazing. They may have business-minded traits, but they still had to work hard for what they've currently attained.