7 Morning Rituals To Start Your Day

Do you have a dream or huge goal that seems way too big to accomplish? That's good! You are on the right track to success. But how are you going to accomplish that dream or huge goal?

Daily rituals!

I now start every morning off with a routine unique to me. Huge goals are only accomplished by all of the small, positive steps on your journey toward success. Daily rituals allows you to take those steps forward.

Trust me, ever since I have found the routine that works best for me, every day begins with high energy and focus. Here are seven morning rituals that a huge number of successful people use:

1. Make Your Bed: Yes your mom was right when she told you to make your bed each morning. It is sort of the first accomplishment to the day. I mean the military does it, so it's probably a good discipline strengthener.
  2. Physical Exercise: Yep that cardio in the morning can do wonders. I do a lot of heavy weight-lifting, so I never focus on cardio. But a quick run (short one mile for me) gets me awake and ready to go.
  3. Positive Affirmations: State affirmations out loud in audible form that are positive and capture your emotions. I have a stack of affirmation index cards that I have created and I run through those every morning. Here is an example: "Day by day, in every way, I am getting better and better."
  4. Gratitude: Giving thanks for another day of life and a new fresh start provides a way to be grateful for what you already have. Every successful person I have ever studied installs gratitude into their day.
  5. Healthy Breakfast: The key to high energy right at the start of your morning is a healthy breakfast. A lot of people are in such a rush that they grab something quick to eat (yes, Pop-tarts taste great but they won't get you to where you want to be!). Plan your meal the night before and you will have greater success.
  6. Meditation: Clearing your mind for the day ahead is very important. My meditation practice involves some visualization followed by a meditation music by Dr. Wayne Dyer found on YouTube here. Believe me, I use to be not so good at meditation and have went to sleep on accident sometimes! But it gets easy with practice.
  7. The One Thing: The last part of the routine is inspired by the book The One Thing, by Gary Keller. Paraphrasing Gary, he says that the first task of the day should be "the one thing" that will bring you the greatest amount of success. I ask myself each morning what my one thing is, then attack that project first.
Try a routine that you think you might like for 30 days. Then after you try it, you can change it around a little bit here and there. It seems every month I am tweaking my routines as I learn more about what is working for myself and other people.

Sometimes you won't feel like doing the routine! That's okay, do it anyways. It has been proven that most habits are acquired after 66 days. Build the good habits today, to prepare for the best life you can live tomorrow.

--> I would really like to hear if any of you have some rituals that may help tweak mine or help anyone else!

Nas

Hey thanks for the thread,

It's look like my morning routine that I used to make since a year already, I share
- Gratitude
- Make my bed and in same time autosuggestion,
- Healthy breakfast with inspiring reading
- English learning
- Meditation
- Energetic medicine exercises

... and I'm ready for my great days ;-)

I need to read more. I listen to audio and watch videos, but I don't read enough. I also wish I could meditate fully. I can't keep my mind quiet for that long.

Keep up the great work my friend! And thanks for sharing with us.
Thank you for the encouragement Dustin! For your meditation, I have found that repetition was the way to get better at it (like all skills) like I mentioned in the post. Try increasing your time each day starting with only five minutes. It worked well to increase the time by 30 seconds per day. Once you go like that for a few weeks, your mind gets use to the silent state.

Cynthia

Senior Advisor
[QUOTE="Scott Haug, post: 18519, member: 3605" Daily rituals [/QUOTE]

Wonderful! Yes, starting with making the bed works, doesn't it? I find having both a morning routine and a bedtime routine helps me.