50th Wedding Anniversary

artemis

My parents got married when my Mom was 20 and my Dad was 19. They just celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary this past week. It is quite amazing really. It has not been a bed of roses either. They have stood together through a lot of tragedy, a lot of down times and a lot of good times.

They are a testement to me that marriage is something people have to work very hard at and too many people do not take it seriously enough, at least from my perspective. I see a lot of people abandon their marriage when they suffer a few minor bumps in the road. I just want to tip my hat off to them for being a good role model for what a relationship can be, for me and everyone else.

Cecil Estrera

Wow, congrats for the great milestone in the relationship of your parents. That was indeed an amazing occasion that your family should celebrate 'cause they have made it through the tests of time. Lucky for you.

My parents separated when I was just 8 years old. And upon being married for 4 years now, I agree that marriage is indeed another great job that couples should work hard on. Getting along is just one of the issues but is the hardest to achieve I think.

I guess everyone should give their best -- patience, loyalty, service, and love -- to be able to survive the hardships of marriage itself. It is one of the most valuable things in life and it is really hard to find someone who will really stand by your side for the rest of your life. So we might as well value them the way we value ourselves. :)

speedy

Advisor Member
Wow, Congratulations. That's a very great achievement for a couple to stay married for 50 years. I can't relate to that as well because my separated when I was 4. Your parents is an example for a long lasting relationship. I am married for almost 2 years now and thanks God everything goes smoothly though there are many ups and down. I appreciate and salute those couple who valued their marriage than to those who keep changing their partners. I am very happy for you and congratulations once again to your parents on their Golden Anniversary. So sweet. :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Celebrating togetherness for 50 years is quite a big milestone especially in our modern world rocked by high divorce and separation rates. A big congratulations for your parents for sticking to one another through thick and thin. This is actually the beauty of amrriage that some people enver value or never see for all its worth.

Your parents' 50 years of blissfulness is an inspiration to all of us here. Give them a hug for all of us in this forum. Hooray!

Zippy

That is so wonderful. My grand parents just had their 50th wedding anniversary and I admire them more than anything. They still love each other very much and have been so devoted to each other. I only hope I can find a relationship like that one day.

Mon-Jes

50 years is fantastic. Congratulations to them, and start asking and recording their answers about how to stay married that long. You could have a fast-selling book. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
Congratulations to your parents and you are so lucky to have such parents who stick together for 50 years. ;)
There are so many broken families nowadays that could really affect how future families would be for the next generation to come. And to know such couple to really hold on the promise of their love and marriage bows, it was inspiring.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
50 years is fantastic. Congratulations to them, and start asking and recording their answers about how to stay married that long. You could have a fast-selling book. :)
Good idea. We would certainly learn a lot of things with couples who stayed true to their marriage vows and commitment even after 50 years. Five decades of togetherness through trials and pains should be a good ground for a big celebration. Right now, we have a great famine of marriage like this one...:D :D

A

artistry

This is late, but that is amazing. You have to endure a lot to remain together that long, especially after marrying so young. Congrats to your parents. They are special people. You are blessed to have them.

IsabelleChan

Wow! Congratulations to your parents! It's glad to know that your parents have spent their times with each other for 50 years. I never believed in true love or long-standing relationships but your parents inspired me. Relationships these days are just for fun. People never take things seriously and committment can hardly be found in a relationship. I get down sometimes because I see my friends being tortured by infidel boyfriends. This has a negative effect on me. But your parents have shown me what it means to take care of a partner for a lifetime and never let go. Your parents' story deserves a 80-page description. :p