3 Reasons to Laugh Again

Innersky23

Why is laughing important, and why is it the hidden ingredient for success?

1.) The action of laughter connects us on a deeper level with other people. Laughter can be likened to a spiritual connection with other individuals that we seek to know better or build relationships with. It’s impossible to feel the damage and tension that comes with stress and anger when we are laughing with friends. You always feel better after a good laugh with friends!

2.) The process of laughing provides an internal exercise to your body, brain, and immune system. It’s an excellent emotional and physical release from stress. Something that is not largely known about laughter is that it exercises our stomach muscles and our diaphragm, and relaxes your body; improving posture, relaxing your shoulders, and providing healing to the heart. As a result, laughter can be the hidden ingredient to abundant health and success in our lives. It can provide us with that feel-good support on a mental, physical, and emotional level.

3.) When we laugh, any negative emotions can be transformed into a much happier state. A happier state enables a clear sense of seeing life and the world, and thus helps you shift things into perspective. What this means is that you can change your response to any stressful or hurtful event by shifting the way you see it- two people can see the same event as either an opportunity or a crisis. The light hearted approach to life through laughter builds your ability to see things in a more reasonable fashion, and therefore lets you see life events as challenges as opposed to threats. Laughter shifts your awareness from being a victim to a victor!

Jessi

When we laugh, any negative emotions can be transformed into a much happier state.
This is why I try to find the humor in so many situations. Even when my day is going horribly and everything seems to be going wrong, I can at least find the humor in how ridiculous the sequence of events is, and get a good laugh. Either I have to laugh or cry, and the former is definitely preferred.

MyDigitalpoint

Advisor Member
With all the stress resulting of our daily living, we usually forget to laugh, so this is truly a great advice to keep in mind all the time.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
There must be many reasons why laughter is considered to be a good medicine for both the body and the soul. Laughter is a universal language all people can understand and this can be so contagious... positively contagious. A little laughter every morning can already carry the burden of the whole day. :)

A

artistry

Great points, and well presented. Laughter is such a cure for all kinds of things. Stress, worry, depression, some illnesses, unhappiness and many other things. It is why I try to laugh as much and as often as I can. Thanks for the post.