Wounds

Discussion in 'Positive Discussion' started by coach, Apr 6, 2017. Replies: 1 | Views: 199

1. coach

coach Member

im not sure if i should put this here if im not right sorry guys ^^

All of us experience a lot of struggles some give us traumatic experience, some give us deep wound that can change our personality. like we may become emotional, sensitive, we may become insecure. or sometimes we get mad easily. We are aware of physical wound, physical wound can be healed, but there are other kinds of wound that we are not aware of. and we keep it inside of us for a long time. these are the psychological and emotional wounds. these are the wounds that we have but we are not aware of, maybe because we dont see it. but you know even if your bad parts of your life were already in the past now. it doesnt mean you survive it. of course you made it through . but you are not aware that you have wounds in your pyschological and emotional aspects. to know if you have pyschological wound or emotional wound . take a look at yourself take a look at how you see things take a look at your beliefs. is there a memory that you cant look at? do you feel pain when you remember something? did you become more hateful towards another towards life? are you thinking of revenge? do you feel weak? powerless? . there ways to heal your pyschological and emotional wounds but of course the first step is to acknowledge it

2. Visitor

Visitor Member

Retired
    Hello coach.

I hope you do not mind me adding something to your original post. Though what you are saying is revealing, I was a bit concerned where this may go. The reason is that many therapies may start of this way, but there is a snag. People with psychological and emotional wounds have avoided them because to acknowledge them puts them into a vulnerable position without knowing how to cope with it.

My approach to this is to first help them to learn how to cope with what they themselves do not wish to acknowledge.

People, who are seeking answers to why they are restless, irritable, and discontent, already know that they are not going well. But as you said, some may not be aware as to why. I understand three basic levels of self-awareness about wounds.
    1. Some already know that they have past wounds (open/healed), for they are still talking about them. Some even use them for excuses to gain something such as sympathy (secondary gain).
    2. Some are in denial about their past wounds (open), but they are aware of it at a deeper level, because they have to know what they are denying before they can deny it.
    3. Then there are those that are aware but are no longer afraid of them because they have dealt and accepted them. These are no longer wounds, but scars (healed but not forgotten).
    So, it is those that are in denial which may have trouble initially acknowledging an open wound. However, it takes a sensitive counsellor/therapist to discern the denial. That is, to know what that person is afraid of. There are hundreds of different fears. Any one, or a collusion of fears, can cause a person to go into denial. The idea is to help the other person to be prepared to cope with there own unveiling of their denial.

Since we are dealing with fears, the primary coping skill to learn is overcoming fears. Once the person gets confident in facing their smaller, least threatening fears, their own veils of denial become thinner. They start to acknowledge their once hidden wounds, with less fear. They now know that it is possible to deal with them. They have created hope for themselves.

Perhaps you were about to mention this anyway. I am looking forward to reading more of what you have to say about wounds.

msuccess likes this.