Why?

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by Jonnydark, Sep 12, 2017. Replies: 0 | Views: 62

1. Jonnydark

Jonnydark Member

I have been struggling with what my purpose is for a long time... it seems like a lot of other people have too. I recommend you check out the book "Find Your Why" by Simon Sinek, David Mead and Peter Docker.

Just by listening to the audio book I was able to do the exercises and come up with a pretty decent mission statement for my life. It's very calming to have... and it's clarified my daily activities. Like "Should I eat that doughnut?" is an easy question because now it's clear the answer is "No" not because I don't LOVE the taste of doughnuts but because it doesn't align with my why.

For those who are curious here is my Why (And also my How and my What):
    "To live simply so that I have the least detrimental impact on the Earth as possible. How I do this is by having no children, eating no meat, telecommuting, not owning a car and buying used and fair trade. What I do is make digital comics (on used computer equipment) with environmental themes. These comics have quality stories, memorable characters and beautiful artwork."

If you want to make your why the book is the best source of instruction... but if you just want to get a feel for it fill in this template:

"To (activity) so that (impact). How I do this is by (Method you use). What I do is (Activity/What you produce.)"

I'd love to hear your whys!