Where am I going with my life?

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by Tyler_338, Jul 31, 2017. Replies: 17 | Views: 347

1. Tyler_338

Tyler_338 New Member

I just wanted to say that I am a new member on this site... I'm sure people have already asked this... But however, this question still frequently pops up inside my head when I'm trapped inside a hole. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life at all. I've always wanted to start a recycling business but never knew where to start to be honest... How could I improve?

2. AnMa

AnMa Member

Hey welcome Tyler!
    I am also new here!

What are your doubts about the recycling business? What is preventing you from starting it? What kind of recycling business are you talking about?

Tyler_338 likes this.
  3. Tyler_338

Tyler_338 New Member

Hey, man. I am just lost. I don't know where to start, really. Like, how can I start? Can I start now? Or do I need a permit or license? Do I need to register with IRS? f***, dude, I don't know. Trapped with so many emotions and feelings right now I don't know where to begin.

4. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Member

Self-employed
    Hi Tyler and AnMa :)

I so understand where you are coming from Tyler. Most of my adult life has been plagued by this same question! At times I have felt like I didn't have a lot to contribute and other times I've known that I do but didn't have the confidence to put myself out there to explore what it is that I should be doing or how to pursue my interests.

A few things really assisted me in getting past point of feeling lost. The first is learning to accept things for what they and be content with where I'm at in life. This requires constant effort and at times it is hard, but the alternative is the destructive habit of comparing yourself to others. I can only speak from my own experience, but this feeling of being lost definitely stemmed from a sense of inadequacy compared to others. This feeling came from seeing others experience happiness and direction, whereas I felt like I didn't have much direction and no concrete plans for the future. Reminding myself that we are all on different journeys in life which is why we are all at different places in our lives was a gentle mode of self-encouragement. I am neither above or below anyone else, just on a different path which is why we are at different places in our lives.

To be honest, I never really overcome this feeling until I began doing something that I absolutely love! I've very recently started my own online digital marketing business and I am so enjoying the process of having my own project to work on. Up to this point I have always been an employee. I never knew that there was an entrepreneur inside me, but there is and I'm starting to get in touch with them. I have created a website/blog sharing my journey and experience so as to educate others on how to build an online business from scratch. I love that I have the opportunity to assist others to create a better life for themselves, because having an online business is all about lifestyle!

It seems like you have an interest in protecting the environment - so do I! If this is one of your passions then definitely follow this idea you have. If you do start your own business following a passion, your life will truly have purpose and meaning. I'd say research, research and research to find out what your options are. I've just done a quick Google and there are quite a few good sites providing advice. This one tells you how to start a recycling business from home http://www.profitableventure.com/starting-a-recycling-business/. This one was also pretty good http://earth911.com/inspire/programs-initiatives/start-a-community-recycling-program/. It sounds like you're in the US, if so this site provides practical advice on possible government funding, legal requirements, permits etc. http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Recycling-Business.

Also, are you handy and creative? You could even think about refurbishing second hand products, this is a great way of recycling and make money with limited overheads.

Starting out you could also maybe even look into collecting stuff like e-waste to deliver to recycling places, they may offer you a commission and it would be a good way to get exposure to the industry. I'd even suggest getting a job or volunteering at a recycling centre to get an idea of what it's like and how things are done (a good way to observe where you could make improvements with your own business).

Good luck and remember to take one step at a time. Start by educating yourself, developing a plan of action and implementing it. If you want it, you'll get it, you just have to believe in yourself! You can do it!

:)

AnMa likes this.
  5. Tyler_338

Tyler_338 New Member

Thanks, Dennielle. Thank you so much. :)

6. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Member

Self-employed
    My pleasure. Good luck and ALWAYS believe in yourself! You are amazing and can achieve anything you put your mind and conscious effort into! :)

7. Plokoon111

Plokoon111 Member

Excellent post Dennielle!

8. AnMa

AnMa Member

Wow! I think Dennielle said everything there was to say! :)

Dennielle, I am also starting a marketing business online!! I can't take the 9 to 5 jobs anymore! It seems to be a great way to get out of the 9 to 5 system fast. :)

9. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Member

Self-employed
    Thanks so much :)

10. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Member

Self-employed
    Yes AnMa I completely agree! Being stuck on the mouse wheel of 9-5 can be quite depressing sometimes - I just never felt like I had the kind of life I that I want to be living and didn't know how to achieve it. Having an online business is definitely all about lifestyle and being able to live life on your terms! I'm just starting out but immensely enjoying the learning process!

Best of luck :)

AnMa likes this.
  11. Hardhik

Hardhik New Member

Where you're going with your life?
    Well, buddy you got to introspect your life.
    Buy a journal and divide them into 6 halves
    1st half -> Write about your achievements and strengths ->Increase your confidence
    2nd half -> Make a note of things you want to improve. If you are not good at communication, then write I need to improve my communication) -> Working on it will improve your life.
    3rd half -> Things you enjoy doing the most in your life. Also write down your passion. This will give you a clear picture about your likes and pursing a business on these lines will help you to progress rapidly in life.
    4th half -> Write down all your goals. - This will give you a direction
    5th half -> Track your daily activities and the time spent on them. Introspecting your activities will give you a clear picture of your time management skills. You filter your time wasters daily.
    6th half -> Changes you made to make your life productive or steps you have taken to reach your goals. -> A small change makes a big difference in your life. It improves you daily.

You have a goal in mind but it lacks direction and isn't (Specific, measurable, agreed upon, realistic and time-bound.)

Broad Goal: I want to start a recycling business
    • Specific: I will start my business on 3rd October 2017.
    • Measurable: I will measure my progress with the amount of change I have brought to the environment.
    • Attainable: I will ask current clients for referrals, launch a social media marketing campaign and network with local businesses.
    • Relevant: Adding additional clients to my business will allow me to grow my business and increase my revenue.
    • Time-Based: I will have three new clients within two months.
    SMART Goal:
    I will have three new clients for my recycling business within two months by asking for referrals, launching a social media marketing campaign and networking with local businesses. This will allow me to grow my business and increase my revenue.

Start Small. Think Big and Execute with perfection.

Search Google for "rumble the junk" or generate money from garbage/thrash. Try a idea, promote its impact on social media channels. First you promote the impact to a small number of audience. Keep on doing this for a month. You have to try an idea 3days/once. Tell people how they can make money from trash. How you can change the environment with small changes. Try creative ideas. When people see its impact they will definitely reach back to you. Then, take up a mini project and execute it. The project can be something like generating Bio-Gas in house.(It can be your house too) or creating compost for farmers or home gardeners. (offer them as a freebie), etc.

Educate people, make them aware of the process, and provide them assistance. The core idea here is too save environment and save their money too. Who doesn't like to cut down their bills?

Create a business plan and achieve your goals.
    It should include:
    • Mission
    • Vision
    • Corporate policies
    • Marketing Ideas
    • Target Audience Analysis and their problems
    • USP (Unique selling point) -> What makes you different from others.
    • Payment policies
    • Financial policies
    • Disaster management/Crisis management

Ideas become goals when you give them directions.

Good luck mate. :)

12. AnMa

AnMa Member

Me too! Love the learning process, it's exciting! :)
    Good luck to you too!

Dennielle Lee likes this.
  13. Roberto E Fiad

Roberto E Fiad New Member

Where do you want your life to go to - if it is not already where you want it to be? Think back to your younger years. What were your happy moments like? What thoughts did you think before you started experiencing discouragement? Now, eliminate comparisons. I plead guilty on that too. Let others run their races. If someone says or asks, "Why can't you be more like so and so?" You'd answer back, "I can't be more like so and so because then there would be two of that person and I wouldn't exist at all. Plus my brain is wired. But then, the same God Who Created So and So created me too, and in His own Image to boot. Now where you as an original are meant to go to, that's something you'll have to get somewhere all alone between God and you and meditate. That's all what I'd do. Then I'd do stuff I enjoy doing. Let the destiny stuff crystal itself out for you.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  14. AnMa

AnMa Member

Wow I love this!!

15. Angie Necole

Angie Necole Advisor Member

Just get it done. Who cares if you don't know what you're doing. I had no idea what I was doing when I started blogging. I just done a little bit everyday and after a couple weeks I started seeing results. Start doing research, start asking questions, and make the investment. And then do it :) There is no better time than now.

16. Roberto E Fiad

Roberto E Fiad New Member

I'm glad that you like it, that I was able to share something with you.

17. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Member

Self-employed
    Me too, very powerful!

18. Ricardo Ortiz

Ricardo Ortiz Member

Clinical Psychotherapist
    Sometimes in life you will know what is your destiny. You will just know. If doing this business is telling you to go ahead and you feel that it is right then try it. Look for someone who has done it and if they did it the right way, and you feel in your gut that that is your path you must follow your heart, feeling or intuition. Most people who found life meaning I am referring here to my clients , they did well when they follow this gut.