What really motivated you to become successful?

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by Ricardo Ortiz, Sep 13, 2017. Replies: 11 | Views: 245

1. Ricardo Ortiz

Ricardo Ortiz Advisor Member

Clinical Psychotherapist
    Hello, as a clinical psychotherapist most of my clients are middle or upper class clients and most are wealthy. They have many motivational reasons to pursue their goals. I believe there is no specific motivation to get us there. My question is this, what really motivated you to pursue your goal or success? What experience made it a breakthrough for you.

Love to hear your thoughts.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    I want to make a difference, one person at a time, to share what talents I've got and what useful stuff I've learned.

3. Dennielle Lee

Dennielle Lee Advisor Member

Self-employed
    Personally, I believe that goals come in many different forms and we pursue them for many different reasons. The commonality would be that they are pursued so that we may experience the positive benefits that come from pursuing and achieving them. The real benefit though is who we become, or the growth we go through in order to achieve them.

On a personal note, I am pursuing a goal at the moment to build my own online business. I'm doing this so that I can have the freedom that comes from having an online business and the lifestyle benefits of working whenever and wherever I like. I also want to leverage the benefits of technology and automation so that I have a business that is working for me 24/7. The motivation here is to improve my quality of life, I want to be able to live life on my terms and craft a lifestyle that brings fulfillment and live a life of meaning and purpose. If I no longer have to go to a job that I find less than satisfying, and can generate an income online I will have time to pursue meaningful pursuits that bring purpose to my life.

Regarding breakthroughs, I'm yet to reach this point. I'm staying focused and taking consistent action daily (or as often as time permits!) to realise this goal which, because it's related to something bigger such as my quality of life, is also my one of my dreams - that is to have a lifestyle that I love!

msuccess likes this.
  4. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    I'm motivated to make my work-from-home business successful enough to enable me to live on my own and not have to work for anyone ever again.

5. Ricardo Ortiz

Clinical Psychotherapist
    Thankyou for your respond. I am in the same boat of building my online business to have freedom. More than anything I am doing this not just to change and inspire the world through me, but I want to spend more time with my family especially my son. I grew up with two working parents long hours and I don't want my 2 year old to feel the same.

6. Ricardo Ortiz

Clinical Psychotherapist
    We all want to leave a mark in this world Thankyou for this.

7. Ry!

Ry! Member

I've realized that unless I start working towards my goals I won't ever get there. It's quite obvious, but in a way that realization setting in is what kickstarted the whole process. I also found some books which were extremely helpful and couple of podcasts which talk about self-employment and the process of getting there. All of these things together gave enough momentum to get the ball rolling and now that it's already rolling I think it's much easier to keep going.

8. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    You're welcome. Good question!

I think it's in the small things.

For example, the experience of 18 people buying my recent book on confidence helped me move toward making that mark.

Yet I feel excited and motivated with each new subscriber who joins my list simply to get my free email inspirations and trainings.

Dennielle Lee likes this.
  9. Dennielle Lee

Self-employed
    I completely agree! Time is the most precious commodity that we have. We are extremely fortunate to live in an era where we can pursue a lifestyle centred life rather than struggle trying to get some kind of work-life balance from a life focused on work. Good luck with your online business :)

10. Dennielle Lee

Self-employed
    Yes it is obvious but you'd be amazed at how many people don't actually get to the point of working on their goals. It's so simple yet so powerful and true. Just start working on your goals and that in itself will get you closer towards realising them!

11. Ry!

Ry! Member

That is exactly the reason I wanted to mention it, it really isn't that obvious. I recently read about the concept of the three you's which I think fits well here: Past, present and future you. The current you needs to thank the past you for the work he's done and do things for the future you so he has an easier time. It was written in slightly longer form, but never the less quite motivating idea to think about. I'm not working towards my goals to benefit me, but my homie, future me.

12. Dennielle Lee

Self-employed
    Beautiful! What an inspiring and motivating way to approach goal-setting. I've definitely taken this on board - no doubt my future me will thank me for it! :)

Ry! likes this.