The Power Of Clarity

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by J E Roberson, Apr 12, 2016. Replies: 18 | Views: 1387

1. J E Roberson

J E Roberson Senior Advisor

Spiritual/Personal Growth Advocate
    It’s amazing how we can get so upset with what we don't want in life. However we truly don't know what we deeply desire. I've found most areas of my life that sucked I lacked clarity on what I truly desired.

Look at all the things you may complain about, hate or dislike and ask "what do I really want here". Seek Clarity in order to carve the life you want and deserve.

How has clarity enhanced your life?

Niecee, Nas, Todd Hicks and 1 other person like this.

2. Centurion coach

Centurion coach Advisor Member

I agree completely J E ive just posted a new blog called found your passion which reinforces this. Ive had a stomach complaint for a fair few years and have learned that complaining and stressing myself out does nothing for me, so I stay positive at all times and focus on the goals that I have set

J E Roberson likes this.
  3. J E Roberson

That awesome Centurion, it amazing how we can alter reality with focus. Did you get the Stomach complaint to go away?

4. Centurion coach

Centurion coach Advisor Member

its colitis so I still have it but with focus, stress management, and a positive mindset I have under control, I will be fighting a pro cage fight at some point this year and have just posted the blog in the forum, with your mindset right you can do anything, I have coping strategies for anyone dealing with a new diagnosis of a chronic illness like I had

J E Roberson likes this.
  5. J E Roberson

Thats incredible! I'll go checkout the blog you posted!

Centurion coach likes this.
  6. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    So true! Being positive sets the tone for each day -- and each day sets the stage for the next.

Todd Hicks and J E Roberson like this.
  7. Scott Harvey

Scott Harvey Advisor Member

I actually use clarity as an analytical tool. Especially in my studies strangely enough.

As far as I'm concerned, clarity means that you can summarise the point in a single short sentence, in a way that anyone can understand. For example, when I'm learning something new, I will attempt to write a single sentence summary of the concept. If I can't do it yet, I know that there are deeper levels of understanding that I haven't yet acknowledged. Also, if other people cannot understand my summary, and I cannot explain it in a way that they can, I again do not understand it.

How does my version of clarity relate to personal development? It basically suggests that you need to be able to, in one sentence, summarise what you want from every area of your life. Not just that, though. If I say for my relationship, "I want me and my partner to love each other more deeply," you won't be able to understand what that means to me. Maybe it would suggest that I want more affection, or I want to be more affectionate. Maybe it means that I want to have more sex. Maybe it means I want us to spend more time together. It could even be to tell each other that we love each other more often.

My clarity requires an understanding of actionable, measurable steps. I wouldn't quite say that clarity is the same as a goal. Goals require clarity, but clarity doesn't necessarily require goals.

Niecee, J E Roberson and Todd Hicks like this.
  8. Nas

Nas Senior Member

My clarity is a big history! :D
    Since my childhood I have learned to live in the confusion: resolving problems without solutions, to stay in the conflicts, to make activities that I don't like, to never finish that I have begun, to live in the duty, to sheep and to forget to be happy.
    In 2007 and 2008, I have begun by simple things: to stop alcohol and to smoke (I was lucky because it was occasional), to finish that I have not finish (video games, books and missions).
    In 2009, I have told the truth about that I loved anyone and I have never said it.
    In 2010, I have repaired all mistakes that I have commited in my childhood and boyhood: I have stolen in many shops (thanks God that I have a good memory), so I have bought something in same price and I return the product in the shop.
    For the transportation, I have made a calculation how long time that I have cheated, the companies had sent me an address of an orphanage and I have made a gift at the same value.
    Then I have apologized many people whose I have hurted: free assault, to cheat with people. This people accepted my request.
    In the same year I have succeeded my graduation that I have failed 3 times and I had a job at 2012 until today and that I like.

For me the clarity begins by oneself: that's mean make things correlated with its true nature, simply be oneself.
    For example if I want to live in the USA, I won't choose by wedding or the lottery, it's so easy: I will choose by the real actions which be linked with myself.
    There is no real definition of the clarity: the best is anyone thinks.

J E Roberson likes this.
  9. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    Thanks! That's a useful insight for me.

Todd Hicks likes this.
  10. Elhama

Elhama Advisor Member

Biologist
    For me, I think clarity begins when you reach inside yourself to a level of peace enough to find out what exactly bother you in the situation you are in. The peace which allow you to diagnose correctly your problem and leads your mind to be more relaxed in order to receive the solutions which are always there to whom looking for instead of wasting time and energy through fighting the false causes which the mind imagine when it is full of confusion. So clarity is a state of peace which creates faith to find solutions. It is the opposite to confusion which creates doubts that leads a person to get lost in closed circles of misdirection.

11. J E Roberson

Thank you for sharing! Can you write more about the faith clarity relationship?

Todd Hicks likes this.
  12. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    Indeed, recognizing your feelings gives you a peace that leads to clarity.

And it also tends to lead to useful action!

J E Roberson and Todd Hicks like this.
  13. J E Roberson

What an incredible quote!

Todd Hicks likes this.
  14. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

Great point on clarity. It's related to another post of yours I just responded to, that we need to be clear on what we really want. Sometimes what we think we want is really just a means to an end. If someone says they wants a better job there's all sorts of reasons that may be behind that. It's so easy to not really dig deeper to what is behind our goals. If we don't do that, we risk having our lives on auto-pilot and living it based upon what we see other people doing or what society suggests is important.

Todd Hicks likes this.
  15. Elhama

Elhama Advisor Member

Biologist
    Faith is a wide concept. It includes several levels from faith in minute ideas to faith in God (Allah). I believe that whatever the situation you are in, you need to have faith to be able to face it. May be that faith is simply you have faith just in finding the right solution. May be your faith is of the deepest kind as you have faith in God (Allah) which makes you believe that God is with you. That He is able to remove all your troubles and that He will do that for you because He loves you.

I do believe that to have the deepest level of faith which is, in my opinion, faith in God is the most powerful kind of faith to defeat any troubles anyone has. I do also believe that whatever your faith is in, you surely need it in such situations.

That is because the problematic situation, especially when it is a complex one, usually makes foggy vision in our minds. We can not see the truth (facts) through it just like we can not see the sun in a cloudy day. We need to see that truth because truth will sure set us free. Herein the rule of faith in fighting troubles in a person’s life and its relation with clarity come.

I said clarity is a state of peace which creates faith. Cynthia’s comment on my post made me think more about which one of them (Clarity or faith) brings the other. I found out that they are so close to each other as if they are two points running after each other so fast in an inseparable pattern in a circle. One can not be able to decide which one comes first and which one comes later. One can just conclude that they choose to be with each other for ever. Both of them feeds and strengthens the other. A moment of clarity can brings a strong solid faith in a person’s mind and heart. From another aspect, a strong faith produces a regenerated status of clarity that never ends. They are in a mutual positive relationship.

Faith and clarity are inseparable. They are like the light and the shadow as no one of them can be found in the absence of the other. So, no one have the choice to choose to have one of them without having the other with it. We should search for faith to reach clarity and we should have clarity to find faith.

Todd Hicks and J E Roberson like this.
  16. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    That's an interesting way to describe clarity and faith.

Nas and Todd Hicks like this.
  17. Elhama

Elhama Advisor Member

Biologist
    Thanks Cynthia. I appreciate your opinion.

Todd Hicks likes this.
  18. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    You're welcome. Best wishes as you pursue this line of thinking. It may lead to good directions in your life.

Todd Hicks likes this.
  19. Amy-Intensify Your Life

Amy-Intensify Your Life Member

It is important for sure to know what you do want. You also must show gratitude for what you already have in your life, in order to bring about something you want. Instead of focusing on what you don't want (brings more to you that you don't want) focus on what you do.

If lack of clarity is the issue, you can use any number of methods to achieve it depending on your viewpoint; prayer, journaling, meditation, thinking about the things you enjoy

J E Roberson and Todd Hicks like this.