The Best Ever Teaching On Personal Growth?

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by J E Roberson, May 2, 2016. Replies: 15 | Views: 806

1. J E Roberson

J E Roberson Senior Advisor

Spiritual/Personal Growth Advocate
    What teaching and teacher will you never forget? What message and presenter of that message really made the light come on for you? What did they say? Do you have More than one, share em alllllll, but prioritize them please.

Nas likes this.

2. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    I can't think of a current teacher or presenter who has left such a positive, last message for me.

J E Roberson likes this.
  3. Nas

Nas Senior Member

St├ęphanie Milot (Canadian Author): his teaching allowed me to use the law of attraction, my subconscious mind, the time management, my priority and to improve my days. I had the occasion to meet her for his lecture last month and I had invited me on the stage to speak with around 250 people ; it's was amazing and that's confirmed the efficiency of my learning ;-)

J E Roberson and Todd Hicks like this.
  4. J E Roberson

Wow thats amazing you actually got to share the stage with a person of positive influence in your life. Congrats @Nas !

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Todd Hicks and Nas like this.
  5. J E Roberson

Todd is there one teaching that is your main foundation of action and perspective?

Todd Hicks likes this.
  6. Marti Cross

Marti Cross Member

Lifelong Learner and Lover of Self-Directed Change
    I will never forget watching a seminar by the late Dr. Wayne Dyer. It was called "Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling." I loved his teaching style because he always told a story and then went over the same story in various ways so that everyone could understand his predetermined thought pattern. One story was about apple pie. He was discussing how we as people often forget that we come from abundance and therefore let our EGO take over. According to him, EGO stands for Edge God Out. Forgive my lack of correct quotations as I can't remember the exact wording he used, but he spoke of taking a slice of apple pie and placing it on another plate. He turned to the audience holding out his hands as though he was holding that plate and asked what it tasted like. That one question was hit me like a brick! He was right! I had to be divine because I came from divinity. I am worthy of abundance because I came from abundance. In all honesty, that was when my life turned around. My self-esteem went up. My confidence began to grow, and I was able to meet each day with hope.

I know that may seem mushy and silly, but it is true. My life was altered by a slice of Apple Pie!
    I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet him.

J E Roberson and Todd Hicks like this.
  7. Nas

Nas Senior Member

Thanks J E Roberson ;-)

J E Roberson likes this.
  8. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    Actually, I had a Sunday school teacher who taught us that the one thing we owe everyone is respect when I was a kid.

J E Roberson likes this.
  9. J E Roberson

Wow, that is without a doubt a powerful message. Props for remembering that.

10. J E Roberson

@Marti Cross Wayne had a really great teaching style and I remember a lot of his stories that made the messages simple. "Apple pie changed my life" ha ha ha thats really awesome! Have you seen his movie "the Shift"?

11. Marti Cross

Marti Cross Member

I have heard of it but I have not had the opportunity to see it....yet I am still reading some of his books. He was and is inspirational to me.

12. Marti Cross

Marti Cross Member

What about you J E, Who has made a positive impact on your life?

J E Roberson likes this.
  13. J E Roberson

Well the first book I ever read in the personal development realm was Gary Zukaz, Seat of the soul so I have to credit that with getting me on the seeking path.

Many years later I came across Matt Kahn whose message impacted me so much I had a instant shift in my life an almost out of body experience that lasted for about 4 days in which I was full of energy and didn't sleep.

I credit Neville Goodard with polishing my creation skills and honing my ability to co-create and effectively teach others how to merge with their desires.

Thank you all for sharif the far!!!!! The thing I've learned on my path is experience builds off of experience and for me although these people stand out all of my journey has been crucial in where I am today. I like to think I was born a big square piece of paper and through divine guidance of experiences have been shaped and cut into the puzzle piece that fits perfectly into the life that was designed for me.

Marti Cross likes this.
  14. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    * One I met twice who taught me simply by her presence and her smile: Mother Teresa.

Two in personal development where I'd attended small group presentations, whose words helped me succeed in business years ago (restarting now after health setbacks)

* Stephen Covey, teaching to put God first and let the rest follow

* Zig Ziglar, teaching that you can get what you want in life by helping enough other people get what they want.

J E Roberson likes this.
  15. Samuel Rosario

Samuel Rosario Coaching Member

Jim Rohn really had me with his legenday quote '' Success is something you attract by the person you become'', your success depends on how well you work on yourself as a person.

There's another one that's really shocking and eye-opening and I also heard it from Jim Rohn, it says: ''if you took all the money in the world, divided it up equally among everybody it will soon all be back in the same pockets'' . That's a jaw-dropping quote and it's absotulety true, success and money follows those who have worked on themselves to have it abundantly

There's also another one by a legandary cuban-spanish speaker called Luis Costa that reads: '' When you focus on the impossible things, the possible things become easy''

I have much more that we can share in other posts

J E Roberson likes this.
  16. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    Thanks! That does indeed flow directly from the first one, that "Success is something you attract by the person you become"