Showering before bed? Bad for you?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by crovax85, Jun 18, 2011. Replies: 23 | Views: 39641

1. kai_uk

kai_uk Member

I usually shower a few hours before sleeping and I don't think it is unhealthy at all. It doesn't feel good going to bed unclean, and it would mean having to change the bed sheets more often which is a huge hassle! I heard that showering too often is unhealthy as it will wash away the essential oils that your body produces leaving dry scaly skin. I don't shower in the morning as there is not enough time and it would mean doing it twice a day which is overkill.

2. lilylovees

lilylovees New Member

I have never heard anything bad about showering before bed. I personally enjoy it because it really relaxes my body and mind. I think that there are so many health myths and theories that it is impossible to live a perfectly healthy lifestyle. Sometimes they are easy to incorporate, but other times they aren't. I always exercise at night so it is essential for me to shower.

3. blueberryc

blueberryc New Member

I take a shower at night to help relax me to help get me ready for bed. I do it every night. I have never heard that it is bad for you.

4. Mooon

Mooon New Member

There's saying that sleep immediately after shower cause rheumatism.