Motivation for success

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by Stoil, Jun 29, 2016. Replies: 20 | Views: 1393

1. Stoil

Stoil Member

Hi everybody!,

I,ve been studying the topic of motivation for a long time already,and i would like to share the best tips I,ve heard or read regarding motivation.If you find them helpfull and think i have missed some key tips,or you disagree,then post a comment :).

1) 2 Kinds of Motivation

The type of motivation that is the long-lasting version, leading to fulfillment is from the inside.You know why you are doing it and it,s making you feel happy in the process,and you are seeing the pay off in your life and the lives of others.

Also you are very passionate for the thing you do,and it is aligned with your core values and you don't need to exert a huge amount of willpower.

The other kind is the old "If you do this ,then you get this"(money,fame....etc.) which can help you in the short term,but will not motivate you on a deep level.

Here are a few other mindsets I,ve found to be helpfull in terms of motivation.Some may sound like scarcity,but if they help you start and you combine them with passion,and motivation from the inside,then you will become unstoppable.

1)Use Visualization

Vizualize your life the way you want it to be.Spend 5-10 minutes everyday doind visualization.

This way you trick your subconscious mind into believing you already have achieved your goal.

2)TAKE ACTION!

We don,t always feel ready or motivated.

Just start and get momentum ,so it becomes a habit and you don,t have to rely only on motivation.

3)Realize life is short

Yes it may sound like scarcity mindset.I don,t want to scare you,I just want you to realize if you want to be successfull,happy,fulfilled and/or have an impact on the world,you need to start immediately.

Don,t waiste time on things that aren,t helping you move forward.

4)Surround yourself with like-minded,success-minded people

The people around have a huge impact on you,so surround yourself with the kind of people who are after the same as you.You can push yourselves and achieve success faster this way.

brokenblade likes this.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    I find visualization helps me to accept possibilities.

Seno, brokenblade and Todd Hicks like this.
  3. brokenblade

brokenblade Coaching Member

Writer
    I think visualization is very helpful for me to shoot towards my goals. Being surrounded by people who share similar goals is also of great help to me. For one thing, I become part of that culture. Also, being thankful for what you do have has helped me and made life easier for me. My only problem is that I forget to do that. But I know I could be thankful. I am thankful that I am still working even though I am homeless. I am saving money for a place of my own as well.

Seno likes this.
  4. anika

anika Member

Business
    150 Waterman St, Providence, Rhode Island 02906
    I find being honest is the most powerful weapon of my success. I've reached many goals successfully in recent time just by being honest and real with my clients.

Seno, brokenblade and Cynthia like this.
  5. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    Honesty contributes to success. Being honest and real with yourself, combined with kindness, leads to inspiration.

Seno and brokenblade like this.
  6. brokenblade

brokenblade Coaching Member

Writer
    For me, success through honesty is the only true success.

Seno likes this.
  7. subconsciouschange

subconsciouschange Member

For me self-motivation is very important to gain success! because if we don’t become self-directing, then we don’t meet with success. And yes, being honest really has something to do to become successful in life.

Seno and Cynthia like this.
  8. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    Yes! Of course. You said that better than I did. I meant to say that honesty builds success.

Seno likes this.
  9. Akaki Tsivadze

Akaki Tsivadze Member

I think there are two ways to take action. One is coming from a place of fear or negative state, another is coming from inner calling. You can also call it a beautiful state if you like. I think that any action that is coming from the scarcity mindset, meaning, trying to prove others wrong, or trying to be better than somebody else, or accomplishing big things in order to have a sense of your own worthiness, all of these reasons for action are false. They are not real. These reasons are trying to make you pursue things that you already have in your life or don't need. One way to identify that you are taking action out of scarcity mindset is to see how you feel. If you feel inner turmoil while doing whatever you are doing, then you know you don't really want to do it, you are just making yourself do it and that is a disaster. At some point you are going to exhaust yourself and create suffering in your life that you don't want to experience.

Why not live your life the way you want to? Your feelings are your compass to know what you want to do in the moment. Our natural state is not laziness. We are all here to do big things. Once we switch from scarcity to abundance, we start to enjoy what we do. There is no longer this need for applying constant pressure or willpower to things we do. Then the whole concept of "needing motivation" becomes paradoxical too. Why would we ever need to be motivated in order to do things that are going to make us happier? How is it possible to need any kind of motivation to live our life? Our very natural state is to be happy, to enjoy our life. If we are feeling unable to do certain things then we should not be doing them. We should find the things that are aligned with our highest calling and do that.

Seno and msuccess like this.
  10. Seno

Seno Advisor Member

Hello Akaki Tsivadze!

I agree with You, however, I want to add something more to that...
    I am using in my every day life fear to motivate myself. This fear has been precisely captured by myself. The most important thing is what this fear is about...

This fear is about MY END GAME GOAL!

I am scared of not accoplishing what I have already decided to do.
    And this helps me so much! :) I really like this feeling. It takes your willpower to the high level immediately.
    So I really like this concept of using fear to motivate myself. This help me to stay focus on my "One Thing".

This kind of fear is fulfilling me and there is no place for other fears which are worthless for me.
    This whole concept instilled in me Tai Lopez. I really appreciate his knowledge.

What do you think about that ?:D

11. Akaki Tsivadze

Akaki Tsivadze Member

I think that you should eliminate fear completely. Why are you afraid of not accomplishing things? What will happen if you don't accomplish your goals? Will someone judge you? Will you judge yourself? By no means do I say to not reach our full potential. But I think the fuel should be coming from the joy of living. Not from the fear of missing out on things, because that implies scarcity which on its own is an illusion. You have everything you ever needed. You want to experience life to the fullest. That is your motivation. Not "what would happen or what would I or someone else may think of me" if I do not accomplish my goals. Do I suggest to stop doing what you are doing? No. I say if you are feeling too overwhelmed or worried for not accomplishing what you have set out to accomplish, then go deep into yourself and understand what's not working. If you are feeling fine and you have that little tingling sensation that tells you to take action and what you genuinely like what you are doing, then go for it. Feelings are a great compass to know what your motivation is. Trust your feelings.

lifetherightway and Seno like this.
  12. Akaki Tsivadze

Akaki Tsivadze Member

and hello to you too Seno!

Seno likes this.
  13. Seno

Seno Advisor Member

Thanks for replaying Akaki! It's so nice what your have written and some good discussion has evolved.

Actually I use both kind of sources to motivate myself:
    1. From the Joy Of Living - This source is good for me, however, sometimes I feel so fulfilled by the beauty of life so that I don't take action and sleep nexst 2 hours for example :)
    2. From the Deepest Fear Of Not Accomplishing what I want to do - Yes this fear implies scarcity which on its own is an illusion, but it is not so strong. Yes, I am judging by myself with my own rules. And these rules say me what gives me pleasure and what gives me pain. So it is more pain than scarcity what I really feel.
    Anyway I trust my feeling as you said... It it is good for me. I think everybody is finding something what works for specific person...

14. Lisa Moore

Lisa Moore Member

International economist
    Honesty and dedication are the ingredients of success.::)

lifetherightway and Seno like this.
  15. Seno

Seno Advisor Member

Hi Lisa Moore! :)

Dedication, especially consistency in doing something what you are really passioned about is very important thing.

Without regular work nothing happens. It's hard, but true!

16. lifetherightway

lifetherightway Advisor Member

I agree with these four strategies.

The thing about people not going for their dreams can be because of two reasons: FEAR & LAZINESS

These two things hold back anyone from chasing their dreams.

For those who fear, you should realize that if you stomp your fears and do away with them, you grow as a person and become that person who can be able to have those dreams you wanted.

For those who are lazy, you should realize that if you aren't chasing your dreams, you are dying and will never have them.

Cheers!

Seno likes this.
  17. lifetherightway

lifetherightway Advisor Member

GROWTH!

I agree with you on this.. To add -- everyone has their own individual dreams and goals.

Nobody else cares about what you want and chase so long as it can help them.

That is how it is, and fear and judgement shouldn't stop you from achieving your goals.

Seno likes this.
  18. Seno

Seno Advisor Member

It is hard to say that way ...

I think it is true
    except for parents! (n)

19. Samuel Rosario

Samuel Rosario Coaching Member

All your concepts are great Stoil. To me having a DREAM gives you a very special energy. It keeps you awake, it keeps you happy and motivated. We must have dreams and have them clear enough, have them in writing and read them, re-read them and re-write them.

That big dream pushes you forward and makes you take action. Remember:

''Success is a progressive realization of a worthy ideal ( dream)'' Earl Nightingale

20. Sahak Hakoyan

Sahak Hakoyan Advisor Member

Samuel Rosario likes this.