Master Your Time, Master Your Life | Some great ideas!

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by Five Big Ideas, Nov 20, 2016. Replies: 10 | Views: 1099

1. Five Big Ideas

Five Big Ideas Coaching Member

Hey! I found some super-helpful time management ideas in "Master Your Time, Master Your Life" by Brian Tracy! I hope they can help you become more productive and/or less stressed in your work/life. [​IMG]

2. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    Speaking of time-saving ideas, I now "like" and comment on fewer Facebook posts. Besides shaving some time from doing less clicking and commenting but I don't have to deal with getting notifications from these posts in my timeline and thus spending more time there.

3. Five Big Ideas

Wow, thanks for sharing that, Todd! That's been a huge time saver for me, too.
    I basically check social media only 2-3 times per day now, at specific times, because it stole so much of possible productive time before. :)

yusufbahtiyar96 likes this.
  4. yusufbahtiyar96

yusufbahtiyar96 Member

I'm sorry.. Can you explain your top five ideas in here? My phone can't use to watch video.. Thanks before my friend...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

5. Five Big Ideas

Sure, Yusuf! :)

One idea is about doing ONLY A tasks, the tasks that move you toward your goals, and stop doing B tasks that don't move you toward your goal.

Another one is to identify the THREE things you do in your work that accounts for 90% of your results. For me, it's reading, writing, and making videos. What are yours? Identify them, and spend as much time as possible on those tasks.

Then we have The Curse of Electronic Interruptions, which is all of the distractions many people have during their work, like Facebook notifications, e-mail, Snapchat etc. My #1 advice for productivity? Eliminate all distractions, ESPECIALLY during work hours. :)

Another idea is Nature is Neutral, meaning that we can all WISH for more income, financial independence etc., but since Nature is Neutral, we'll have to take 100% responsibility and make it happen for ourselves, instead of wishing for external gifts to help us.

Then we have Get Some Sleep, where Brian talks about how 8-9 hours is a MUST if you want to stay productive and enthusiastic in your work over the long run.

I hope this helps. Have an awesome day!

6. RodaTL

RodaTL Advisor Member

Confidence coach, entrepreneur, registered nurse
    And, choose your company wisely. Make yourself less available to people who distract or entertain you more than help you learn something valuable. I am not saying that entertainment and distraction shouldn't have their place in your life, but if you are not moving toward your accomplishments as fast as you want, you probably have more distractions than you have productive activities.
    Many people allow their close friends and family to pull them in all sorts of directions. Understand that, oftentimes the friends you chose many years ago will not share your current aspirations and goals. Many people don't like to be bothered with new ideas. But they often keep demanding your time and attention regardless of what you need at this time.

7. Five Big Ideas

Wow, thank you for sharing that wisdom, Roda!

I can totally relate to the "pull" of family and friends, since not many people in Norway where I live seem to be into self-improvement. It can get lonely sometimes, but it's a price I'm willing to pay. :)

8. RodaTL

RodaTL Advisor Member

Five Big Ideas, I bet there are successful people in Norway that you can associate yourself with. Find the ones that are successful in the areas in which you want to succeed. It is enough to find a couple of people that you can hold each other accountable with, brainstorm through challenges and new ideas, and you will not be lonely. But I know what you are saying about the somewhat lonely feeling when you don't see the family/friends as often. The thing is, if your family or current friends don't support your endeavors and are not willing to participate in any way, how does that make you any less lonely, right? You can even find people outside of your country on the Internet, with matching interests and just pick each others' brains. At least in Europe you have several awesome transportation options that are affordable and you can even meet with likeminded people outside of your country. Here in the US< it is either the expensive airplane tickets, or you drive forever to save money. :) So we mainly rely on the Internet, telephone or Skype :)

9. Five Big Ideas

Haha, it's true that the loneliness really isn't so bad since I actually enjoy this alternative in front of negative influence :D

And yes, I'm a member of a 3-man group that chats once a week, so that's definitely a great way to keep things white-hot!

RodaTL likes this.
  10. RodaTL

RodaTL Advisor Member

In that case, you have already gone farther than most people. Now think of some awesome big goals, plus one seemingly unachievable goal that will really stretch your mind and dedicate the best of your time to accomplishing.

11. Five Big Ideas

Hehe, I'm on the case, Roda! :)