How to make yourself unforgettable?

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by Anansi Spider, Jul 9, 2017. Replies: 5 | Views: 261

1. Anansi Spider

Anansi Spider New Member

Hi!

I just finished this book by the Dale Carnegie Training, "How to make yourself unforgettable." It contains some good lessons on improving yourself, and the biggest one I got
    was simply, be a person of action. Meaning,
    When a great opportunity presents itself,
    don't postpone all the joy and excitement and pleasure
    that can come out of it; take action and do it.
    I shot a quick video on it here:

What would you guys say are some good tips to make
    yourself unforgettable?
    To be just the type of person who,when they die, instead of haing
    their friends and family to kind of remember them, kind of not;
    but instead, become the person who touches the lives of every-
    one around them. Who moves everyone. Who is unforgettable.

What are some steps you would take to do that?

2. Plokoon111

Plokoon111 Member

By creating good habits, be helpful like you said and find a reason to feel and be excited through out the day even if something isn't fun.

3. Jay G

Jay G New Member

Great question and goal - 'how to be the person who touches the lives of everyone around them. Who moves everyone. Who is unforgettable'.

Few pre-requisites from my point of view in order to help achieve this:
    1. Energy: You'll need bags of energy. If you're simply low on energy levels, it's hard to have the energy / spark you'd need to get under the skin of others. You can take actions to improve energy levels, e.g. exercise, diet, meditation / mindfulness.
    2. Positivity: Generally speaking, the kind of person that people want around them, who they love spending time with, is someone who is positive, upbeat, happy. Infectious with their love of life. Of course everyone has their off days, but if someone's standard mode is negativity, then you might touch the lives of everyone around you, but not in a great way. I find regular, focussed Gratitude is a great way to help develop this positive mind-set.
    3. Be yourself! If you're putting on an act then people will see through it pretty quickly. Be yourself and others will implicitly develop a much closer bond and trust in you!

4. Plokoon111

Plokoon111 Member

Your right about that, energy is a hard but important factor of confidence and happiness!

5. Jay G

Jay G New Member

I think it's an important factor, let's say a key 'enabler' that's often under-estimated. Anyone who has experienced periods of 'low-energy' should be able to relate!

6. Tj Hines

Tj Hines New Member

Real Estate Investor | Blogger |Mentor
    Gonna keep it simple here. You want to be remembered? Be a giver and not a taker. Always find ways to add value first.