How do you keep the excited state?

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by ItsJustMe, Mar 23, 2017. Replies: 9 | Views: 348

1. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe New Member

Most likely as most people on this forum do, I think everything is possible if you're willing to work just hard enough for it. But we all know to do that you have to have enough "gas" in your car. So we do everything in our hands to make us excited, we visualise, we feel, we create dream boards, etc. Like everyone I get all excited and feel the dream scenario I'm trying to create in life, I get so excited and feel it very strongly, with every fiber of my being. But the problem is I can't retain the excitement for a prolonged period of time. I think every person faces this dilemma to varying degrees. How do you guys face this problem?

Stephen DiBlasi likes this.

2. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome! One suggestion I have is to not place too much excitement about the end result. Learn to enjoy the journey, have passion for the day to day activities that are necessary. A good example is going to school, one can only care about the graduation, but then it can be hard to stay motivated in class. Or, you can think about how enjoyable it is to learn new things and to become really knowledgeable, and that the knowledge is what really matters rather than the degree.

3. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    You must decide how energized to be and for how long. I think it's best to remain pumped while not losing sight of everything you must get done in the moment or the rest of the day.

Stephen DiBlasi and msuccess like this.
  4. radtech

radtech Member

As far as staying motivated and pumped? It can be tough, especially when life doesn't go the way you want it. For starters find yourself something you really enjoy doing. For me I write books and conduct internet interactions. I go to the gym as well. So find something your passionate about and make it your hobby. This will keep the anticipation high and you going as well. It also helps to start your day off with a bang. I call it my Morning Magic. But how you start your day definitely plays on the rest of it. Going to and from work I'm listening to CDs or audiobooks. After 2 years it's similar to having a bachelors almost. You can literally learn that much and it's doing it while you have absolutely nothing to do anyway but drive. So manage this time wisely. Start here and see what happens.

5. Dalibor

Dalibor Member

Entrepreneur - Data Story Teller
    I totally understand you. Some authors are writing that it is not about will power but why power and it is part of the truth. But as Brian Tracy tends to say - everything counts, everything counts...Every single edge you can use to retain your will and why power is more than welcome. Msuccess said we have to learn to enjoy the journey and that is something we have to have in mind but also we have to plant that journey and be prepared for it. Radtech gave you his routine and that is something everyone of us must create for himself or herself. It would be nice if Frode comes with a book review how to make your daily routine that deals with all we mentioned here ;)

6. Stephen DiBlasi

Stephen DiBlasi Member

This has been extremely useful, motivation has always been fleeting to me so I understand this problem personally ! I have tried small acts of willpower like going for a walk everyday at break, and I have noticed that this has strengthened my willpower. Willpower seems like a muscle. The more you use it the more tired it gets but you also I can strenghten it. But it always fall back to why power when all else fails, I have a vision board that I can look at to help me stay on track and it usually gets me motivated again

Dalibor likes this.
  7. radtech

radtech Member

I'll be honest guys, your all correct. Everyone has their own way to identify with what makes them tick or when they finally get their Aha! Stephen is correct on utilizing your willpower and referring to it as a muscle. The more used the bigger and better you get. But once in awhile check out a YouTube video and check "the most motivating videos" and they're very inspiring. Just another way to increase you motivation. But I believe you need to truly find what your passionate about. The why is a big deal but just get started and the pieces will start to come together. Walks, gym, take up a hobby, find a mentor (this is huge), listen to educational material (no candy stuff, inspiring is good but educational is best) and keep searching. Search and will find. And like Dalibor said, everything counts. Meaning the least slightest let up in a certain area of your life starts the erosion process which touches on everything else. Stay positive and search. And definitely listen to msuccess, enjoy the journey. In most instances you'll achieve whatever goal your pursuing so start enjoying the journey. Live in the now basically, because tomorrow is not promised.

Stephen DiBlasi and Dalibor like this.
  8. Elamras9

Elamras9 New Member

I don't know how to solve this problem.

9. Plokoon111

Plokoon111 Member

I have this problem too. In the morning or late morning I am happy, smiling and its easy to bring happiness out. However, around 12 to 3 I am just tired and burnt out and its impossible to get that energy even if I east fruit, or energy food sources. Taking a power nap helps but when your at work that's not a solution.

10. Angie Necole

Angie Necole Member

Everyone made good points. And like someone said, enjoying the process is really important. Keeping the end goal in mind, as well as setting short term goals could help. I think it is also important to have different things to work on so life doesn't get too repetitive.

Make it a point every day to be inspired. Watching videos of people who inspire you and reading motivational books, etc.