How Do Empaths Protect Themselves?

Discussion in 'Spirituality' started by ang.necole11, Sep 5, 2017. Replies: 3 | Views: 93

1. ang.necole11

ang.necole11 Member

Growing up empathetic, I was never taught to protect myself from other people's energies - especially negative energies. I still don't have any real techniques or advice.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? I would love to know!

2. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

My understanding is visualize a bubble of white light and love around yourself. Don't extend it out any further than necessary or you'll be imposing it on others. Refresh as needed.

ang.necole11 likes this.
  3. ang.necole11

ang.necole11 Member

Nice :)

4. Individual Protocol

Individual Protocol New Member

I have never heard that one msuccess! :) I am an extroverted empath and it is exhausting. In my professional life I try to maintain my own positivity and share that with others. I find that what you put out into the world comes back to you. Personally I have had to become very selective on who I spend the large majority of my time with. I have found a core group of people who support me, who actually give more than they take to my energy and I lean on them when I need to. It is a balancing act! I would be happy to talk more with you on techniques that may work best for you. I am a personal development coach and I focus on self-awareness, this is one of those things that effect each personality differently. Feel free to reach out www.individualprotocol.com