God

Discussion in 'Spirituality' started by Quest, May 23, 2016. Replies: 10 | Views: 715

1. Quest

Quest Coaching Member

Just the other day I feel I have talked to GOD for the very first time in my life. I was raised Roman Catholic but never felt any real connection at all. Partly because I always felt guilty about anything, and everything I would do.

This GOD does not involve a Bible, going to confession, taking communion etc etc. This GOD involves living a life of love, kindness, compassion and empathy. Doesn't involve going to church every Sunday, giving money. Performing the same rituals every Sunday, or quoting Bible verses.

I am thankful for the path I am on...

2. J E Roberson

J E Roberson Senior Advisor

Spiritual/Personal Growth Advocate
    Thats quite a long list of what it doesn't involve, and why you could not make a real connection in the past. Whats up now? I'd like to hear about "the path" you are on.

Todd Hicks likes this.
  3. Quest

Quest Coaching Member

J.E. what's up now is my path that is unfolding. I came to meet GOD thru my marriage falling apart, and not knowing what else to do. And finally just surrendering to the fact that I can't do it myself anymore. believe it or not I am in church, front row every sun, with my mom and son. But not really there. I go cause it would devastate mom and don't want to do that, so it doesn't hurt to just go.
    Reciting Bible verses just doesn't work for me. I have tried.

What it does for me is that I have someone by my side, 24hrs a day that I can turn to at anytime of the day/night. Would never turn to GOD cause I felt I was taught to feel guilt and judged. I feel Jesus most likely existed. But I also can't believe I was so lucky to win the lottery and be born into the 1 and only true religion. I now feel that all religions are man made, And that u don't need that to have a relationship with what we call GOD.
    But if it work for others I have no problem with that at all...

Todd Hicks likes this.
  4. Kezzielee

Kezzielee Member

Writer, Blogger
    that is exactly how i feel about God. my religion is kindness :)

its not where you go or what book you read, its about how you treat others and what value you add to the world to make it a better place, my opinion anyway !

Quest likes this.
  5. msuccess

msuccess Administrator Staff Member

I am right there with you Quest. The religions and their teachers often place too much importance on rituals, books, and intellectual understanding. Every founder of a religion connected directly to God and we all can too. I think all that "stuff" can be more of an impediment than helpful. It's waiting right there inside us.

Todd Hicks and Quest like this.
  6. Todd Hicks

Todd Hicks Senior Member

freelancer/entrepreneur
    As an atheist, I might like your god.

Quest likes this.
  7. brokenblade

brokenblade Coaching Member

Writer
    Interesting thing is Jesus and some of the characters in the Bible have said similar things.

Todd Hicks likes this.
  8. AnthonyXP

AnthonyXP New Member

Founder, Host
    Thank you for your passionate post, sharing with us your newfound optimism and hope in your life!
    May you continue to find God more and more in your life as your awareness of the human spirit increases.
    There is nothing wrong with adhering to any religion; they were created to guide you toward the realization that God is everything, and that you are a Spirit,
    blessed with the opportunity to enjoy the human experience. <3
    Go forth and love, laugh, and enjoy this wonderful game called life

Quest likes this.
  9. enigmatik2

enigmatik2 Member

Thank you for sharing. I am glad you have found a path that's right for you. I agree with your path. I intensely studied and participated in several religions before I left them all. My religion would best be described as "love". I've read every near-death experience book I could get, and it's amazing how many of them now do not subscribe to an organized religion. But everyone has their own path to follow, and what's most important is following the one that resonates in your heart.

Quest likes this.
  10. coach

coach Member

thats nice , Jesus said God is everywhere god is everything in all living things and non living things god is also in the church , but i am not saying that god is only in the church just as i said a while ago god is everything, the problem today is they take it to extreme , the purpose of religion is to help you build an inner connection to god so you can feel that you are a son or a daughter of god too, what some people do they focus more on rituals on its physical aspect going to church doing rosary , and they think thats the only way to connect to god, dont get me wrong its really helpful to connect to god but it is just the first step. if you have that feeling that god does not connected to the bible you are right, but i am not saying that bible is wrong. god is beyond words beyond any rituals bible is a great tool to know god but it cant really explain the whole nature of god, to know the whole nature of god you have to learn the bible if you want it depends on you and go beyond that, there are many ways to know god even though religions are different from each other they serve the same purpose which is to help human being to recognize its spiritual life, this kind of topic is very broad and there is no right or wrong here. its just a matter of experience as long as it helps you to become closer to god then follow your heart

11. stranger_47

stranger_47 Member

why are you feel guilty? are you being kind heart?, im not going to judge any kind of religion and god, but certainly, i had already felt the same thing and depressed about it, what we feel is only a feeling, if you kind to yourself and others and not hurting anybody, it is the God our inside, but as human we always stumble and i also stumble, if we think guilty we get guilty inside our heart, but God does not make us guilty, it is only the perception, what we think is never give up what our feel to goodness of others. Maybe we can reflect our goodness in life to others. As i see, most of my friends are religious, they also think religion is their only way for not doing evil thought and things. But if u learn more about religion is too much.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017 at 12:04 AM