Do you practice any energy healing techniques?

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by AnMa, Aug 6, 2017. Replies: 10 | Views: 126

1. AnMa

AnMa Member

I am curious!

Do you practice any energy healing modality? Which one have you tried? Did you get good results?

I have tried many already!
    • Eft
    • FasterEFT
    • Theta Healing (well, actually I learned it from someone who simplified it)
    • The Emotion Code
    • Soul Realignement
    • Akashic records
    • The Reconnexion
    • Immunics...
    • The Healing Codes
    • Joe Dispenza's meditations

And now I am testing The Healing Codes.

I can't say I've had great results with any of the techniques so far though, I am still trying to heal my biggest issues, chronique anxiety and panic attacks, acid reflux and bad digestion, and other stuff...

My problem is, I try a technique a little bit, and then I discover another one! And I try the other one, then another one, and I want to learn them all! But I practice them for a very short time and it doesn't have time to work on my big stuff. Except for Faster EFT, I got certified level 1, and I've done tons of sessions with other practitioners and also paid for experienced ones. It works. But it worked on minor things only for me... The big stuff, I would end up in panic... it happened a few times, it also happened with EMDR, the very first "weird" method I tried.

So now I am trying The Emotion Code, I've been doing it for a week or so only, but I like it! It feels gentle, relaxing and simple to do, and you don't need sessions, you can do it on your own. It's only 6 min at a time, 3 times a day so it is very feasible even for busy people!
    I have read a couple of testimonials that are very encouraging. But I always read testimonials and they all seem so miraculous for any methods.. lol

I will try to keep you updated with this one, hope I won't find something new next week! They call that the "shiny object syndrome". Haha

Even though I'm still trying to get results for my biggest issues, I have learned tremendously with all of these methods! I have learned a lot on how the mind works, how energy works, our thoughts, and it's all very interesting!

I think what I really need to learn though is patience and trust.

So, have you tried any of these techniques? Or any other? What results did you get?

2. Visitor

Visitor Member

Retired
    Anxiety is the fear of things that might not go your way. Panic attacks is the fear of being fearful of things that might not go your way (fear of anxiety, or fear of fear).
    Depression is the fear of things that have not gone your way. And anger is the fear of things not going your way now.
    The common factor for all these fear-based emotions/feelings is believing that things need to go your way before you feel okay.
    But life is an experiment and things sometimes blow up in your face. but you are really still okay despite things not going your way.

What we fear about all this is the fear of the unknown and not coping with it.
    I got over a lot of this stuff by realizing that I really was still okay even when I was terrified or deathly depressed.
    It was always my ego (false-self) which freaked out. It feared losing validation or self-esteem.
    Humble people can live without an ego, and do not suffer from anxiety or the other fear-based emotions like most people.

The best energy healing technique is to know what you fear, face the fear, and go ahead and do it anyway.
    This type of experiment will reveal that most of your fears were self fabricated (just like the ego is).
    Those that are real fears become dissolve once you see the truth, and you will know exactly what to do about it, to avoid it.

3. AnMa

AnMa Member

I love how you explained this! I kinda knew already about that but you put it in a much clearer way!
    The thing is, I explored most of these things, I know that it's fear of fear, and also that the ego is a fabrication to create an identity, and we fear of losing this identity many times, and our Ego doesn't like
    the idea of losing our identity, because then it's the death of the Ego. But our identity changes all the time, and Ego doesn't like change.

I do try to control things a lot! I Fear upsetting people, I don't want them to be angry at me and I fear conflicts. I freeze in front of confrontations and angry people.

Even if I know all this, I am still trying to figure out the source of these, somewhere in my subconscious mind, and try to heal the source so that I can just naturally stop fearing.
    It's really hard for me to let go of attachment on the outcome. I am still trying to learn that lesson!

And at the same time, I want to heal myself with healing techniques because I am passionate about these, and then I would like to help people with the techniques that work, and it's like, I feel that if I don't heal myself
    with a healing technique, I will have failed my "mission". I guess that is a huge attachment I have there.

A lot of people have told me to "let go" or that I'm "trying too hard", and it's like I still don't get it.. I don't want to listen to them because I feel like I am right, that I need to use techniques to heal and I want to prove it,
    and want to understand how it all works in the mind or in the energy, but guess what, I want to understand everything so I can solve problems, meaning, I want to understand how it all works so I can control it better!
    And also I feel like, if I just "let go", then I am giving up.

Well, you made me think there... very interesting!
    Thanks for your insights!

4. Visitor

Visitor Member

Retired
    Sounds like your fear losing control and not coping with the unexpected or unknown. If so, that is why your ego insists you learn to control something other than itself, by facing your fears (facing the ego).
    Don't worry about your ego. It won't die, until you die yourself. All we can do to control it is to becalm it. Br calming it down so too will your fears.
    The reason why you have not found the right solution is because your ego has convinced to to avoid the very things that is required.
    To becalm the ego is to be humble. To be humble is to trust (faith) you will be okay regardless of what happens. To "let go", "don't hang on". The very fear that keeps you in fear is the fear of letting go, the fear of not having to do something (control) to get it right. The ego-self, the false-self, is hanging on to its need for meaningfulness by getting you to be on a "mission". To find a technique other than "letting go" of the meaningfulness which keeps the ego in validation.

By putting the ego aside (becalmed) room is made within you for the true-self to emerge. This true-self is both true and loving. It is the unconditional loving part of you. It is fearless, because it is both true and loving (both are reliable, trustworthy, unchanging, doubtless, fearless, and unconditional - not wanting/needing anything). This true-self is waiting (because it needs nothing) for the ego-self to stop needing something, so it can replace it. But as soon as the ego senses a need, it takes over the space within you.

So have no fear of becalming the ego-self, for the real self will take over. To do this, remain humble (stay soft and gentle in all circumstances).

When the going gets tough to relax, try using this simple affirmation: "It's mind over matter, I don't mind and my ego doesn't matter".

AnMa likes this.
  5. AnMa

AnMa Member

Wow... Thanks for your insight! It really describes well what I am going through!

I am still trying to understand the part about the mission...I do feel like, if I let go, if I don't control, it's like I won't have anything to do, like life will be meaningless, I will be useless and life will be boring!
    I am not sure how to overcome that... it seems to be deep...

I think I'm going to copy/paste our conversation somewhere to read it from time to time really! This is really good insight! I think I need to be reminded of these points often!

Thanks again for your replies!
    You really are a good therapist ;)

Visitor likes this.
  6. Visitor

Visitor Member

Retired
    AnMa, yes it takes a while to recognise and become familiar with one's own ego.

Your "mission" has been largely censored and influenced by the ego. As you become more ego becalmed, that mission will change.
    But for now, the ego senses a threat to "its" mission and is telling you to refocus on it or it will become boring and meaningless if you don't.

Many people in active personal development spend at least 20 minutes in quiet time every day (mornings are best). In that quite time they are becalmed and often much truth arises.
    Your "heart felt mission" will become clearer. If it is about overcoming fears (such as anxiety) your truth about dealing with them will come to mind (even if you fear it).
    There is only one way to deal with fear and that is to face it. By facing your fears, one at a time (start from small fears) your courageous part of you will get stronger and stronger.
    Perhaps your new mission is to become fearless.

Acceptance and gratitude will be the two most important words.
    If you are not in gratitude then some person, place, thing, or situation is not going your ego-way, hence fear.
    As soon as you accept it the sooner you will change it or let it go. In either case, the fear will disappear.
    Without that fear you become grateful again.
    In that gratitude there is peace and serenity (fearlessness).

Good luck in your personal development ;)

7. AnMa

AnMa Member

Thank you very much, so much wisdom in there!

I will certainly keep this in mind :)

I see a lot of people also in personal development that are struggling too. Maybe we all want to heal and get better and maybe even "perfect", maybe we want it too much!

That makes me think of a book I should read from David Hawking, Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender.

What if then, I try to hard to let go and become attached to the outcome of letting go?
    Like a lot of people, I am in the mindset of "When this happen, then I'll be happy", instead of appreciating what's there right now and be happy right now.
    I still think I need something else, or to attain a certain goal to be happy.

I know a lot of people are having this problem!

8. Visitor

Visitor Member

Retired
    Life is full of paradoxes, such as 'Give in to win'. The reason for most of these paradoxes is because we basically live a life enslaved to the ego, our false-self. The other part of us is the realistic true-self. So these paradoxes often refer to these differences. Do an Internet search for paradoxical quotes and you'll find many of them.
    Once you become more familiar with these paradoxes, you may realize that basically we got it (life) all back-to-front.

To change, many times we need to look the other way from where we are looking.
    • Sometimes it is a simple matter of changing the wording to get a better idea. Example, If you cannot "let go" then "don't hang on".
    • Sometimes we need to stop looking where we want to go, but to look from where you are coming from. Example, If you want to get healthy but not achieving it, then maybe it is because you believe you are ill (as a person).
    • But mostly the paradox is about the false-self vs true-self, fear-based thinking vs love-based thinking, self-truth vs self-deception (denial).
    If you are struggling with something for a long while, then ask yourself what is the opposite way. It reveal why you are struggling.
    Definition of words we use need to be clarified to make sense of why we struggle with things. Example, the word struggle is paradoxical, as if forcing self (tension) to become free (soft).

Since you mentioned 'struggling'; struggling is often associated with indecision. To break the hold of indecision is to make a decision and do it anyway, regardless if this experiment blows up in your face ("not happy"). At least you'll know that decision did not work (in this case). Actually, I often laugh at myself when an experiment went wrong. Keeping it light makes the next decision easier, and to see what happens next. As I said, life is an experiment. This is how we develop personally, by experimenting.

9. AnMa

AnMa Member

I heard that somewhere too, that we got it all backward! We should feel happy and then the rest will come.
    I like that!

I probably created a whole identity around being ill (having chronique anxiety). I also fear symptoms in general and want to get rid of them as fast as I can (doesn't work).
    I realized one day, this year, what image and message I am projecting to others around me.
    A friend of mine came to me on the chat, and she told me something like: "Hey you experienced like every illnesses in the world, so you must know what to do about an ear infection?"
    I was shocked... I do complain a lot about symptoms but I am not actually sick often. But I realized at that moment... "This is the image I am projecting to others? That I'm always sick? That I got them all?"

You say to ask yourself about the opposite way. I am not sure I understand, what is the opposite way of chronique anxiety and panic attacks?

About indecisions and experimenting, I am working on that! I tend to gather a lot of information, I am addicted to get information, new knowledge, hence all the healing techniques I like to learn about.
    My problem is, I don't implement them very long, not long enough. I prepare, I get info, but I do not experiment a lot... I only do mentally by learning more and more, new stuff, but I do not experiment really...
    Probably the fear of failure... I like how you see things. Life is an experiment, we try things and keep it light, and if it doesn't work, we make a difference choice!

I am actually trying to start my own business online because I can't stand to always go to work 40h a week (or more) to work for someone else when I feel I could do something much more useful... I don't like that system and I want to change it.
    I've been wanting to change that for a while now. And right now, I decided to finally take the risk. I invested to learn more about it and how to do it online. I am close to the part where I gotta take action, and I know I am already beginning to resist that part, but at least, I am aware now. This time, I really want to push through, I want to make this work! The hardest part will be if I get some failures at the beginning (which will probably happen), I need to continue and learn from these mistakes and not jump on the next "big thing" and get all scattered again. That will be my challenge...

10. Visitor

Visitor Member

Retired
    Good on you AnMa for moving ahead with your plans.

With regards to your question
    With anxiety and panic attacks we freeze and become to afraid to move forward and take a risk. The opposite of this is...
    See, you already know, and doing it. Good on you! (y)

11. AnMa

AnMa Member

The opposite is taking risks... ;)
    I am fine with taking risks in certain areas of my life, but others I have a really hard time with. But I will keep that in mind...

Thanks for the therapy ;)