Can you help me choose a topic for a book I am going to write?

Five Big Ideas

Coaching Member
Hey!
I would highly value your opinion, if you want to give it.

I have started a blog and YouTube-channel, and I want to offer a free book to everyone who subscribes to my newsletter.

To do this, I first have to write the book, but I don't know what kind of topic people are the most interested in.

I am pretty interested in everything personal development related, so I'm going to offer some alternatives for book topics, but you're free to recommend a different one.

Passion

Purpose

Discipline

Productivity

Inspiration

Conquer Procrastination

Studying

--- Do you have another topic to recommend? ---

I will be truly grateful to anyone who decides to share their opinion

Personal development is a fairly broad niche, so I recommend you narrowing it down. It's your choice, though. You can pair up time management with productivity, for example. Or can consider motivation in addition to/instead of inspiration. Your goal must be clear though, whether it is simply helping people or monetizing with your blog and channel. And this reminds me of another topic, goal-setting.
Hope you found this helpful. All the best!

Five Big Ideas

Coaching Member
Thank you for your opinion, Uday. I agree that it is a broad niche, and since what I do is deliver my favorite 5 ideas from personal development books (of all sorts), I plan on writing about a lot of different topics over the years. This first book will simply be an extra thing people can have if they subscribe to my newsletter /monetizing with my blog.

Goal-setting is a great topic, I'll add it to my choices! :)

That's okay. But in any case, just make sure that your freebie is relevant to your niche. Also, exploring something like the Wikipedia article on 'Personal Development' can come in extremely handing in identifying additional sub-niches.

Five Big Ideas

Coaching Member
That's okay. But in any case, just make sure that your freebie is relevant to your niche. Also, exploring something like the Wikipedia article on 'Personal Development' can come in extremely handing in identifying additional sub-niches.
Thanks for the tip, I'll use wikipedia to help me identify sub-niches :)

vsteffen

Good luck with the book! I'm sure it will be an exciting challenge.

In my opinion- consider targeting a niche audience and focus on how each personal development idea can benefit them specifically.

My first book started off way too broad, I ended up with 40,000 words of generalized content. Not very valuable to my specific audience. Just trying to save you some time/energy!

Five Big Ideas

Coaching Member
Good luck with the book! I'm sure it will be an exciting challenge.

In my opinion- consider targeting a niche audience and focus on how each personal development idea can benefit them specifically.

My first book started off way too broad, I ended up with 40,000 words of generalized content. Not very valuable to my specific audience. Just trying to save you some time/energy!
Thank you for your insight, Steffen. I have gotten several comments of "finding a niche", and your example of a 40,000 word book with generalized content is very convincing to me. I'll narrow it all down to one main topic, that can directly solve someone's problems, and then have many subtopics directly related to the main topic.

How does this sound to you?