Boosting self-confidence

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by Cecil Estrera, Aug 20, 2011. Replies: 53 | Views: 10267

1. James Nsien2

James Nsien2 New Member

For more details visit http://breakthroughfearandselfdoubt.com/

Todd Hicks likes this.

2. Niecee

Niecee Member

Focus more on your strengths rather than weaknesses. I dealt with low self esteem and lack of self confidence for years, it's wasn't easy but I'm proud to say I'm an overcomer. It's all about your core beliefs about who you think you are vs. who you really are, changing how you see yourself takes self emotional awareness, learning how to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts, affirm yourself daily and believe what you say to yourself. Words have more power than we know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvin Tampus and Todd Hicks like this.
  3. Nas

Nas Senior Member

Hey thanks for your sharing,
    You have won on confidence thanks for your friends and if you are in big number you can feel better but that's not ask at the real questions: you self confidence and esteem.
    That's worked with a time if you invests it and keep your focus on: I had the same problem but with people or not it still not comfortable.
    And it was better for me to be clear with my self confidence: I have read inspiring books and make exercises about and that was worked for me.
    In my opinion you need to work about it ;-)

4. Samuel Rosario

Samuel Rosario Coaching Member

When you have big goals, high purposes in writing that gives a sense of confidence and determination in life that makes feel happy about yourself!!!

Always have your goals in writing, read them every single day, and if you want, like Grant Cardone says, ''whenever I fail or have any bad day, I write down my goals to remind myself where I'm going''

Have your goals in writing, review them and you''ll see the results and feeling about yourself!

5. Alex@TheMindsetX

Alex@TheMindsetX New Member

In the very competitive age we find ourselves where people would practically do anything to outsmart others simply to achieve success at anyone's expense, it is very easy to lose confidence in oneself but the truth is that YOU are pure potential - unrealised ability.

There is something unique about you in the way that you are constituted that makes you different with something valuable that you can offer to the world. Your expression is also unique and there will never be another person like yourself, as you probably do know that you are approximately 1 in 16 billion people.

Just think about that...

Simply being yourself is the confidence you need and working on the amazing person that you are reveals the blessing to humanity you truly are. Never lose hope in yourself because you are truly amazing!

Alex
    Co-founder, TheMindsetX
    https://themindsetx.sendlane.com/view/free-steps-to-abundance

6. Best_Catcher2016

Best_Catcher2016 Senior Member

writter, blogger
    Ways on how to improve self confidence. This video might help you (y)

Visit our website to learn more on self improvement and self help
    http://www.bestcatcher.com

Marvin Tampus likes this.
  7. dawngrant

dawngrant Member

Business Owner
    There are various courses and programs available for boosting confidence level, Hypnosis course is one of the best and easy way to do that. Being a Therapist I saw very positive results in user who are using Hypnosis. You can try this for you as well.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  8. Ongoinggrowing

Ongoinggrowing Member

Supervisor in Customer Support and Blogger
    What would be your top 3-5 items that help with it?

9. LinaK

LinaK New Member

Continuous Improvement Coach
    For me, it is about sparing 30 min each day before i sleep to thank myself and appreciate all the goods i have done for the day...

10. SamanthaLifeHacks

SamanthaLifeHacks New Member

Owner of lifehacksandideas.com
    Hi Cecil and everybody!

I too have often suffered from lack of confidence. I'll let you into a little secret. I have always been surrounded by very negative people. People who's only goal in life seemed to be to hold me under their thumb. This lead to me suffering from depression all my life and still to this day it's something I struggle with.

It took me a very long time to get to a place where I could look in the mirror and say to myself, 'Hey! I like you.' I have my good days and my bad, just like everyone else but if I had to give any tips or advise to anyone it would be this -

• Make a to do list sounds silly I know but there is nothing like the pleasure kick I get from crossing things of my list. It makes me feel like I have really accomplished something even if its something small like take out the trash. It also helps organize your thoughts and see where you need to make changes. Remember to add where you would like to be in life, your goals and aspirations.
    • Strengthen your ability to be introspective To be introspective means to be able to look with in. See all your weaknesses and strengths. Your failings and achievements. All the answers we need in life lie with in us but we have to be able to look with in to find them. Once you can do this you can break down your list and see what you need to do to make it a reality.
    • Don't wallow, get pro active I have found that the single most effective thing I have done to increase my confidence is being active. Now I don't mean you have to go out there and run a marathon or take up free jumping, (although physical activity has been proven to be the best way to fight depression and build confidence.) What I am talking about is doing what you can to improve where you can.
    For example I never finished school there for never got any official qualifications. I wanted to find a job but every time I went for an interview they took one look at my CV and said, 'thanks but no thanks.' For years I sat wallowing in self pity, living from brew check to brew check and never getting anywhere. Before I knew it I was 28 and stuck in a rut. By following those three simple tips I went from having nothing and going no where to working my dream job and living the life I had always wanted. The best thing about these tips is anyone can use them and they really do work.

I hope this helps you all but let me know what you think and if they worked for you.

Marvin Tampus likes this.
  11. saminfinityillusion

saminfinityillusion Member

Self-Employed
    I think in life it's important to not give a s**t. We're so obsessed about what people think about us. I used to be like this, now I honestly couldn't give a s**t, that moment you let go and you release the real you. The world will want to know you. Don't hide, step out and be loud.

If you don't have faith in yourself and you're afraid of failure, I'm going to say it now, when you jump you fall but you get back up. Everyone fails and everyone will judge you on those failures, keep improving yourself but not by comparing yourself to others but to who you were last year. By doing this you can achieve wonders.

I wrote about my experiences out my own rut in this blog post, check it out may be of benefit http://www.infinityillusion.com/the-best-you-can-be/

12. Rinat Saber

Rinat Saber Member

Director of Distributions
    Confidence comes from competence.

If you are not certain of your abilities than its going to show in how you carry out a task.

The key to building confidence is taking small incremental action that build your trust in your own abilities.

Ex: I can't workout out for 1 hour at they gym for 3-4 times a week. Can you do 30 minutes? (be hones with yourself.) No I can't commit to that. Can you do 15 minutes. Oh yeah! Of course. So start there. 15 minutes at the gym for 3-4 times a week. Schedule it. What may be the consequences of not working out? I'd have to donate $20 to the KKK. Well that motivate someone to take action. Consistency will build the confidence in your ability to do 30 minutes, then 45, then 1 hours.

I think confidence is a mental muscle you can build.

13. Fahad

Fahad Member

Life Coach
    What's more important than believing in your abilities is to accept and love yourself no matter what. Even if you "fail" at something. Don't be afraid to be wrong, or to make your opinion heard among people. Take the initiative, make things happen. Shape the world according to your own vision. Have standards. Gawd, I could give advice all day, lol

14. Trung Vu

Trung Vu New Member

Freelancer
    Mindfulness is method i often using to clear glean my mind :D. I don't know uses of mindfulness, it's good