Be Happy Now

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Hubert Koh, Apr 13, 2016. Replies: 12 | Views: 1036

1. Hubert Koh

Hubert Koh Senior Member

Are you still waiting for your circumstances to change before you’ll allow yourself to be happy? Most of us have preconceived ideas of what would make us happy, and we refuse to be satisfied until those things happen.

The problem is that even once specific things happen in our lives, we’re rarely satisfied with them! Instead, we shift our focus to something even bigger and better, believing “it” will make us happy (or happier). We never allow ourselves to reach a point of contentment. Have you done the same thing to yourself?

The good news is that you can decide to be happy NOW – even if not everything in your life is perfect. Below you’ll find 3 easy ways to do so:

1) Be grateful. Gratitude is one of the most powerful states of mind that you can adopt. Not only does it make you feel good, it shifts your focus from what you don’t have to what you DO have, and keeps it there! As you focus more on what you are grateful to have in your life (even the really small blessings!), you worry less about anything that may be lacking. The result? A more pervasive sense of happiness!

2) Take time to smell the roses. If you spend most of your days feeling rushed and scattered, it’s hard to feel happy and content. In order to be truly happy, you need to make time for yourself to relax, dream, and take pleasure in life’s simpler moments. Beginning today, make sure to spend time doing things you love on a regular basis. Read books that stimulate your imagination; listen to great music; take long walks, and generally make an effort to enjoy your life as it is right now.

3) Love the journey. Many of us make the mistake of pinning all of our expectations on some vague, far-off result, like the completion of goals. We believe that once we “get there” everything will be perfect and we’ll finally be happy. However, there is much to be gained from enjoying the journey TO your destination! Make it your mission to revel in every moment that you’re working toward higher goals. Enjoy the sense of self-mastery and accomplishment you gain with every goal you achieve. Make it a worthwhile journey and you’ll savor the end result that much more!

The most important thing to understand about happiness is that it is largely a CHOICE you make from moment to moment. Though certain serious situations make it difficult to feel happy at times, most often we allow the little things to bother us and block any happiness we would otherwise feel. Embrace happiness, and it will grow to monstrous proportions in your life!

2. Hubert Koh

Hubert Koh Senior Member

Remember, you control your own thoughts and happiness. Life is 10% about events and 90% about how you react to it. :)

Nas and Todd Hicks like this.
  3. Cynthia

Cynthia Senior Member

Entrepreneur
    Indeed! Thanks for the reminder.

Todd Hicks likes this.
  4. Nas

Nas Senior Member

It is my main goal and for everybody: thanks for this article ;-)

Todd Hicks likes this.
  5. mathisurendran

mathisurendran Member

Rinat Saber, Nas and Todd Hicks like this.
  6. Kezzielee

Kezzielee Member

Writer, Blogger
    that is so true, everyone believes their happiness lies in the hands of situations or other people. it all comes from within us. once we realise we are the masters of our reality we can turn it on instantly

Nas likes this.
  7. Zeke

Zeke Member

Very good post. Most of my life was spent as a forever alone. When I started to get women in my life I realized I felt exactly the same. Getting the thing I longed for, for so long didn't have any effect on the person I am

Thank you for this :)

Todd Hicks likes this.
  8. saminfinityillusion

saminfinityillusion Member

Self-Employed
    The less you give a s**t, the better.

Think of it like this, if it's not going to matter in 5 years why waste 5 minutes worrying about it. Simple as.

You can't be happy all the time same way you can't be rich all your life. You need to be poor to be rich, you need to be sad to be happy.

I did a piece on it over at my website talking about this kind of thing check it out http://www.infinityillusion.com/life-isnt-hard/

Rinat Saber likes this.
  9. Rinat Saber

Rinat Saber Member

Director of Distributions
    Great post! I certainly don't hope to be happy as I once did.

Instead I now demand happiness of myself with a simple 10 minute morning ritual.

I call it my Gratitude Walk.

1. I walk outside and with a big (intentional) smile breath deeply about 20 times.
    2. I thank God for all the progress I've made in my health/fitness, wealth, and relationships.
    3. I speak my gratitude allow with enthusiasm.

Happiness is a natural result following from these steps.

3 Reasons Why this Works.

1. Walking and smiling engages your physiology
    2. Gratitude focuses you psychology on what's going well rather than what's not.
    3. Saying it allow with enthusiasm engages the creative power of your language.

I'd love to how you feel after you try the Gratitude Walk.

Do you do something similar to this?

10. Stephen DiBlasi

Stephen DiBlasi Member

Great post, really enjoyed reading it

11. john_268

john_268 New Member

Teacher
    Thanks for the reminder. Have a good day!

12. Angie Necole

Angie Necole Advisor Member

When I was in university, I always told myself I would be happy and enjoy myself once the assignment is done, or exams are over, or I find employment. Happiness should not be conditional. Time passed me by and I wasn't doing the things I love ever single day. Needless to say, I have made some changes since then.

13. radtech

radtech Member

Virtually everything we do is to change the way we feel – yet most of us have little or no training in how to do this quickly and effectively. Amazingly we can utilize the intelligence at our command to work ourselves into un-resourcefulness emotional states. Too many of us leave ourselves at the mercy of outside events over which we have no control. How else can you explain that over 25 million Americans are diagnosed every year as clinically depressed. Billions worth of prescriptions are written for antidepressant drugs. Believe it or not being diagnosed as clinically depressed meets certain human needs for some as we’ll discuss later.

Don’t Stop Believing!! Did you know that there are books and CDs that describe how to become more influential? How to become successful? How to lead? How to make more money? Did you also know that people DO NOT read them? Why is that? The guy says that after getting off work that he needs to get a bite and watch some television before going to bed. And this is the guy behind on his bills. This is yet another one of those items that I leave to the mysteries of the mind. There’s an intriguing book that says the next best thing to food and water are words. Words nourish the mind. You cannot live on just food and water alone. I believe people do not read enough these days. I applaud you for reading this book and will give more applause once you finish.

My point is that to become better at anything you must study. Study is the key word to a good life as well as success. Happiness doesn’t just happen. Happiness which is feeling good must be studied first. After studying happiness one must practice happiness. Our feelings must be EDUCATED as well as our intellect. Experiencing sadness or sorrow is part of living. There’s not a single person alive or dead that didn’t experience feelings of sadness, sorrow, humility, embarrassment, guilt, anger, and of course happiness. Let sad things make you sad. Let happy things make you happy. They coexist and you cannot experience one without the other.

I wrote an entire book on happiness. The Art of ACHIEVING HAPPINESS. I also discuss the 6 human needs and four classes of behaviors. Understanding them helps you identify why you feel the way you do and what you can do about it. Stay strong.