Advice/Tips on my voice (Really appreciate any feedback)

Discussion in 'General Self Improvement' started by thankfulguy1, Aug 7, 2017. Replies: 1 | Views: 60

1. thankfulguy1

thankfulguy1 New Member

Hi All:

I'm 23 years old and have suffered with a severe speech impediment all my life along with low confidence. I finally want to face this speech problem and develop a confident voice by reading aloud every night.

I took a short record recording tonight(my first night) and I was hoping anyone could give me some constructive criticism on what they notice that needs to be improved on. This is where i'm at right now, and obviously I know its completely laughable/horrible but I am hoping I could get some ears that aren't my own to give a listen and let me know what they notice that's a problem (again i acknowledge there's lots haha)

I am extremely appreciative of anyone who leaves some constructive criticism on here (please be painfully honest, I need to know what specifically to work on and it helps a lot to have other ears)

Recording Below: (Sorry for the loud mic noise at the start)

2. Visitor

Visitor Member

Retired
    I am not a Speech Therapist, so do not take my words seriously, but may be a helpful suggestion.
    Some of the words which are strung together and are easy for you to read, tend to be spoken quickly with minimal to no pause between the words. This makes it harder for me to hear/decipher.
    Overall, I would read aloud slightly slower to get the pauses right and as your confidence increases you will create a tempo consistent with the content you are reading, plus appropriate gaps between the words for clarity.