10 Keys for a Good Relationship

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by speedy, Jun 7, 2011. Replies: 11 | Views: 5128

1. speedy

speedy Advisor Member

I have these list of things that we need for growth and development of our relationship. They were mostly based on my experienced and observation. And everything is along with " CONSTANT COMMUNICATION" with you partner.

1.) True Love - Love your partner unconditionally.
    2.) Trust - You need to trust each other, otherwise you will be always fighting which is not good indication of a happy relationship.
    3.) Faithfulness - You need to be faithful even your partner's eyes is not staring at you.
    4.) Commitment - Commitment will blanket and tied your relationship. If you committed with each other she/he the only one you love you can fight temptation.
    5.)Patient and Perseverance - You need to be patient in every circumstances you might encounter. In this part, you need to disregard your temper.
    6.) Forgiveness - Learn to forgive if one of you commit a mistake. It is always a good feeling if you are forgiven.
    7.) Learn to say " Sorry" - Sometimes, sorry is a hard word to say. But it is important in a relationship.
    8.) Loyalty - Being loyal is always having an award. It means your heart is only for your beloved and partner. Not to the sexy woman that you saw in a day or a macho man that you saw in a TV.
    9.) Appreciation - Appreciation is FREE. You need to appreciate your partner on his/her every accomplishment. It makes him/her work harder for both of you.
    10.) Acknowledge God as the center Foundation - Above all, put / include God in every details of your relationship. The relationship will be stronger if it is founded with God. Praying together is another plus for a relationship.

Seno likes this.

2. wreck1807

wreck1807 New Member

without 3,4,8 there will be no 2. And if there is no 2 then there will be no 1. Break 2 and it will be very hard to gain it back. How can you love someone if you can't learn to trust her? Loyalty is very important too... very very very important.

Seno likes this.
  3. Cecil Estrera

Cecil Estrera Member

I agree with all those indicated above.
    In addition to that is we should have have our won individuality.
    Show your partner that your world don't necessarily revolve only with him/her.
    Get a life of your own, pursue your career.

Seno likes this.
  4. zararina

zararina Coaching Member

I like the first and the last one in your list. True love and putting God as a center of a relationship could make it lasts long and strong through different situations and trials. It is also important to learn how to listen and forgive for nobody is perfect.

Seno likes this.
  5. Bassie Garret

Bassie Garret New Member

i agree
    there is 3 things are important in relationship
    LOVE
    TRUST
    MONEY
    what you think about it.

Seno likes this.
  6. Seno

Seno Advisor Member

Hello!

One of the best Disciplines We could have in our relationships is:
    THE DISCIPLINE OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND COMAPSSION!

What does it mean?

It means that WE PUT OUR LOVER FIRST!

It helps we a lot with my relationships!

Bests!

7. bernhard

bernhard New Member

I would add: Always respond to a situation, rather than react. When you react, you lose control. When you respond, you remain in control. You win.
    When someone is saying something bad to you, don't react. Remain calm. Let it go, let it flow. You will be surprised about the impact that attitude makes on the whole situation.

8. thestrongprofessional

thestrongprofessional Member

Hey guys,

I would add that enjoying your lovers company is near the top of the list. I have had relationships in the past where the relationship has fizzled out because we realized that we didn't have a whole lot in common. In my current relationship I enjoy hanging out with my girlfriend and can truly say she is my best friend.

Raphael

9. Joan Gibbs

Joan Gibbs Member

Treasurer
    following that keys could lead us into a good result. But sometimes we couldn't get a perfect ways since human being is prone to mistakes.

10. Ongoinggrowing

Ongoinggrowing Member

Supervisor in Customer Support and Blogger
    Hey guys :) I just wrote a 3000 words blog post on relationships about 6 keys! I guess it is quite complementary to this thread and I shared quite a bit of personal stuff relation to these.

A summary of each keys:
    1. A communication that is constructive and benevolent with the intent to make you, the other and the relationship grow
    2. I take responsibility! I am responsible of my emotions, I am responsible for what is happening, I am responsible for what will happen in the couple and to stop the relationship if it isn’t working
    3. The relationship is here to make me grow, we are moving forward together and it is a spiritual journey.
    4. Love your partner fully, for who he/she is and who he/she isn’t
    5. Be generous! Speak the language of love of your partner to touch them
    6. Define your couple through a common project
    I'm a new blogger so I would like appreciate feedback on the blog/content: http://ongoinggrowing.com/6-keys-to-bring-your-love-relationship-to-the-next-level/

As well as I believe that relationships are one of the biggest problems in people's life and I wrote that article to help myself at times and also people surrounding me that I cause are struggling to build functional and healthy relationships.

Wish you the best!

11. Tallstack

Tallstack Member

Nursing Home Administrator
    Since Love is an abstract term--dictionary definition : relating to or involving general ideas or qualities rather than specific people, objects, or actions. To re-frame that would be--disassociated from any specific instance.

So, playing devils advocate, don't you think Love is an attitude not a feeling??

I know we all "love" that exciting tingle when we first meet a special someone. You do know what that tingle is don't you?

It's common sense going out the door.

When it comes to the real world you have to think more non-abstract if you want to be successful.

Like I said. Devils advocate.

12. Tallstack

Tallstack Member

Nursing Home Administrator
    I hope this gets some replies.

Go ahead. I'm a big boy.

Sock it to me!!